Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Maternity and Infant Welfare: A Handbook for Health Visitors, Parents, & Others in India describes the hygiene of pregnant women and the puerperium. This book is organized into two main parts encompassing 22 chapters that discuss the physiology and general care of normal pregnancy, as well as the abnormal conditions in pregnancy.
Some of the topics covered in the book are the testing of urine; development and conditions of syphilis, gonorrhoea, and tuberculosis during pregnancy; causes and prevention of abortion and still-birth; preparations for child birth; care of the lying-in woman; care of the newly born infant; and causes and prevention of puerperal sepsis. Other chapters deal with the general development of a healthy baby and the care, feeding, training, and discipline of infants. These topics are followed by an analysis of the conditions of premature babies. The remaining chapters examine the disorders of the stomach and intestines, as well as the development of marasmus, rickets, respiratory tract disorders, and abnormalities in infants.
The book can provide useful information to nurses, doctors, students, and the general reader.
Part One: The Hygene of Pregnancy and the Puerperium
1. The Physiology of Normal Pregnancy
2. General Care during Pregnancy
3. Abnormal Conditions in Pregnancy
4. Testing of Urine
5. Syphilis, Gonorrhoea, and Tuberculosis during Pregnancy
6. Abortion and Still-birth: Causes and Prevention
7. The Preparations for Child-birth
8. The Care of the Lying-in Woman
9. The Care of the Newly Born Infant
10. The Causes and Prevention of Puerperal Sepsis
Part Two: The Hygene of Pregnancy and the Puerperium
Section one: Healthy Babies
1. General Development
2. General Care
4. Training and Discipline
Section Two:Sickly Babies
1. Premature Babies
2. Disorders of the Stomach and Intestines
5. Disorders of the Respiratory Tract
6. Skin Affections in Infancy
7. Prevention of Eye and Ear Diseases
Part Three: The Work of Health Visitors
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 2020
- 1st January 1920
- eBook ISBN: