Awarded first place in the 2018 AJN Book of the Year Awards in the Maternal-Child Health/Prenatal Nursing/ Childbirth category! Learn to provide the best prenatal, intrapartum, postpartum, and neonatal care possible. Maternal, Fetal, & Neonatal Physiology: A Clinical Perspective, 5th Edition includes expert insight and clinically relevant coverage of the physiologic changes that occur throughout all major periods of the perinatal experience. This classic reference gives you a solid foundation for assessment and therapeutic interventions, featuring an emphasis on the evolving interrelationships between mother, fetus, and neonate and adaptations of preterm and term infants to the extrauterine environment.
- Solid coverage of the physiologic bases for assessment and therapeutic interventions make this an ideal resource for maternity, neonatal, women’s health, or midwifery programs.
- Synthesis of the latest research studies and evidence-based practice provides vital data on normal physiologic changes during the antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum periods; anatomic and functional development of the fetus; and developmental physiology of preterm and term neonates.
- Coverage of pathophysiology and interventions for the pregnant woman, fetus, and newborn for selected abnormal events gives you a solid understanding of physiologic adaptations and developmental physiology relating to major body systems and metabolic processes.
- Pharmacology tables offer quick access to key pharmacology information and drug effects with clinical examples.
UNIT I: REPRODUCTIVE AND DEVELOPMENTAL PROCESSES
1. Biologic Basis for Reproduction
2. Physiologic Basis for Reproduction
3. Prenatal Period and Placental Physiology
4. Parturition and Uterine Physiology
5. Postpartum Period and Lactation Physiology
6. Fetal Assessment
7. Pharmacology and Pharmacokinetics During the Perinatal Period
UNIT II: ADAPTATIONS IN MAJOR BODY SYSTEMS IN THE PREGNANT WOMAN, FETUS, AND NEONATE
8. Hematologic and Hemostatic Systems
9. Cardiovascular System
10. Respiratory System
11. Renal System and Fluid and Electrolyte Homeostasis
12. Gastrointestinal and Hepatic Systems and Perinatal Nutrition
13. Immune System and Host Defense Mechanisms
14. Integumentary System
15. Neurologic, Muscular, and Sensory Systems
UNIT III: ADAPTATIONS IN METABOLIC PROCESSES IN THE PREGNANT WOMAN, FETUS, AND NEONATE
16. Carbohydrate, Fat, and Protein Metabolism
17. Calcium and Phosphorus Metabolism
18. Bilirubin Metabolism
19. Pituitary, Adrenal, and Thyroid Function
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2018
- 27th October 2017
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Parent and Child Nursing, University of Washington, Seattle, WA