Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Part I Meiosis and production of the oocyte and egg
1. Post-transcriptional gene regulation regulates germline stem cell to oocyte transition during Drosophila oogenesis
Patrick Blatt, Elliot T. Martin, Shane M. Breznak and Prashanth Rangan
2. Maternal inheritance of centromeres through the germline
Arunika Das, Ben E. Black and Michael A. Lampson
3. Signaling between somatic follicle cells and the germline patterns the egg and embryo of Drosophila
Julie A. Merkle, Julia Wittes and Trudi Schüpbach
4. Organizing the oocyte: RNA localization meets phase separation
Sarah E. Cabral and Kimberly L. Mowry
Part II Fertilization and germline specification
5. Species-specific mechanisms during fertilization
Krista R. Gert and Andrea Pauli
6. The role of the cytoskeleton in germ plasm aggregation and compaction in the zebrafish embryo
Cara E. Moravec and Francisco Pelegri
7. Dead end and Detour: The function of the RNA-binding protein Dnd in posttranscriptional regulation in the germline
Theresa Gross-Thebing and Erez Raz
8. From mother to embryo: A molecular perspective on zygotic genome activation
Edlyn Wu and Nadine L. Vastenhouw
Part III Maternal regulation of embryonic patterning and morphogenesis
9. Maternal regulation of seed growth and patterning in flowering plants
Allison R. Phillips and Matthew M.S. Evans
10. Maternal factors regulating symmetry breaking and dorsal–ventral axis formation in the sea urchin embryo
Maria Dolores Molina and Thierry Lepage
11. Maternal factors regulating preimplantation development in mice
Di Wu and Jurrien Dean
12. The maternal coordinate system: Molecular-genetics of embryonic axis formation and patterning in the zebrafish
Ricardo Fuentes, Benjamin Tajer, Manami Kobayashi, Jose L. Pelliccia, Yvette Langdon, Elliott W. Abrams and Mary C. Mullins
13. Maternal contributions to gastrulation in zebrafish
Current Topics in Developmental Biology series highlights new advances in the field, with this new volume presenting interesting chapters. Each chapter is written by one or more members of an international board of authors.
- Provides the authority and expertise of leading contributors from an international board of authors
- Presents the latest release in the Current Topics in Developmental Biology series
- Includes the latest information on maternal effect genes in development
Clinicians in the fields of endocrinology, rheumatology, orthopedics, pediatrics and dentistry; basic scientists in anatomy, cell and developmental biology; students and postdoctoral fellows who would like to enter these fields and make further discoveries as well as improve the treatment of major bone-related disorders
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 23rd June 2020
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Florence L. Marlow is at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, NY, USA
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, NY, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.