- Atraumatic Care boxes in the pediatric unit teach you how to provide competent and effective care to pediatric patients with the least amount of physical or psychological stress.
- Community Focus boxes emphasize community issues, supply resources and guidance, and illustrate nursing care in a variety of settings.
- Critical thinking case studies offer opportunities to test and develop your analytical skills and apply knowledge in various settings.
- Emergency boxes in the maternity unit guide you through step-by-step emergency procedures.
- Expert authors of the market-leading maternity and pediatric nursing textbooks combine to ensure delivery of the most accurate, up-to-date content.
- Family-Centered Care boxes highlight the needs or concerns of families that you should consider to provide family-centered care.
PART 1 Maternity Nursing
UNIT 1 INTRODUCTION TO MATERNITY NURSING
- 21st Century Maternity Nursing
- Community Care: The Family and Culture
- Assessment and Health Promotion
- Reproductive System Concerns
- Infertility, Contraception, and Abortion
- Genetics, Conception, and Fetal Development
- Anatomy and Physiology of Pregnancy
- Nursing Care of the Family During Pregnancy
- Maternal and Fetal Nutrition
- Assessment of High Risk Pregnancy
- High Risk Perinatal Care: Preexisting Conditions
- High Risk Perinatal Care: Gestational Conditions
- Labor and Birth Processes
- Pain Management
- Fetal Assessment During Labor
- Nursing Care of the Family During Labor and Birth
- Labor and Birth Complications
- Maternal Physiologic Changes
- Nursing Care of the Family during the Postpartum Period
- Transition to Parenthood
- Postpartum Complications
- Physiologic Adaptations of the Newborn
- Nursing Care of the Newborn and Family
- Newborn Nutrition and Feeding
- The High Risk Newborn
- 21st Century Pediatric Nursing
UNIT 2 REPRODUCTIVE YEARS
UNIT 3 PREGNANCY
UNIT 4 CHILDBIRTH
UNIT 5 POSTPARTUM PERIOD
UNIT 6 NEWBORN
PART 2 PEDIATRIC NURSING
UNIT 7 CHILDREN, THEIR FAMILIES, AND THE NURSE