Part 1: MATERNITY NURSING
Unit 1: Introduction to Maternity Nursing
- Contemporary Maternity Nursing
- The Family and Culture
- Community and Home Care
- Health Promotion and Illness Prevention
- Health Assessment
- Common Health Problems
- Infertility, Contraception, and Abortion
- Genetics, Conception, and Fetal Development
- Assessment for Risk Factors
- Anatomy and Physiology of Pregnancy
- Nursing Care During Pregnancy
- Maternal and Fetal Nutrition
- Pregnancy at Risk: Preexisting Conditions
- Pregnancy at Risk: Gestational Conditions
- Labor and Birth Processes
- Management of Discomfort
- Fetal Assessment during Labor
- Nursing Care During Labor and Birth
- Labor and Birth at Risk
- Maternal Physiologic Changes
- Nursing Care During the Fourth Trimester
- Transition to Parenthood
- Postpartum Complications
- Physiologic Adaptations of the Newborn
- Nursing Care of the Newborn
- Newborn Nutrition and Feeding
- Infants with Gestational Age-Related Problems
- The Newborn at Risk: Acquired and Congenital Problems
Unit 2: Reproductive Years
Unit 3: Pregnancy
Unit 4: Childbirth
Unit 5: Postpartum Period
Unit 6: Newborn
PART 2: PEDIATRIC NURSING
This market-leading textbook provides just the "right amount" of maternity and pediatric content in an easy-to-understand manner. Divided into two sections, the first part of the book includes 28 chapters on maternity nursing and the second part contains 27 chapters covering pediatric nursing. Numerous illustrations, photos, boxes, and tables clarify key content and help you quickly find essential information. And because it’s written by market-leading experts in maternity and pediatric nursing, you can be sure you’re getting the accurate, practical information you need to succeed in the classroom, the clinical setting, and on the NCLEX® examination.
- UNIQUE! Nursing Alerts point out critical information to consider when caring for patients.
- UNIQUE! Guidelines boxes outline instructions for skills or procedures in an easy-to-follow, step-by-step format.
- UNIQUE! Emergency boxes offer quick reference to emergency procedures for critical maternity and pediatric emergencies.
- UNIQUE! Home Care boxes offer helpful guidelines for delivering effective care in the home environment.
- UNIQUE! Atraumatic Care boxes in the pediatric section illustrate how to provide competent nursing care without creating undue physical or psychological stress for pediatric patients, families, and nurses.
- UNIQUE! Community Focus boxes examine community issues and provide resources and guidance on caring for families outside the clinical setting.
- UNIQUE! Cultural Awareness boxes address culturally competent care for patients with a variety of customs and beliefs.
- UNIQUE! Family-Centered Care boxes discuss the family’s role and needs in caring for the patient.
- UNIQUE! Nursing Process boxes offer quick access to nursing process information for major diseases and conditions.
- Critical Thinking Exercises provide case scenarios to promote sound clinical decision making.
- Nursing Care Plans include rationales for interventions and provide specific guidelines for delivering effective nursing care.
- Patient Teaching boxes highlight important information for communicating continuing care instructions to patients and families.
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor Emerita, School of Nursing, San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA
Bessie Baker Distinguished Professor of Nursing Professor of Pediatrics Chair, Duke Institutional Review Board Duke University Durham, NC
Clinical Professor Emerita, School of Nursing, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC
Staff PALS Coordinator Children's Hospital at Saint Francis Tulsa, OK