- UNIQUE! Nursing Process boxes offer quick access to nursing process information for major diseases and conditions.
- UNIQUE! Nursing Alerts point out critical information to consider when caring for patients.
- UNIQUE! Guidelines boxes outline instructions for skills or procedures in an easy-to-follow, step-by-step format.
- UNIQUE! Emergency boxes offer quick reference to emergency procedures for critical maternity and pediatric emergencies.
- UNIQUE! Home Care boxes offer helpful patient and family self-care guidelines for delivering effective care in the home environment.
- UNIQUE! Atraumatic Care boxes in the pediatric section illustrate how to provide competent nursing care without creating undue physical or psychological stress for pediatric patients, families, and nurses.
- UNIQUE! Community Focus boxes examine community issues and provide resources and guidance on caring for families outside the clinical setting.
- UNIQUE! Cultural Awareness boxes address culturally competent care for patients with a variety of customs and beliefs.
- UNIQUE! Family-Centered Teaching boxes discuss the family's role and needs in caring for the patient.
PART 1: PERINATAL NURSING
Unit 1: Introduction to Perinatal Nursing
- Contemporary Perinatal Nursing in Canada
- The Family and Culture
- Community Care
- Health Promotion
- Health Assessment
- Reproductive Health
- Infertility, Contraception, and Abortion
- Preconception, Genetics, Conception, and Fetal Development
- Anatomy and Physiology of Pregnancy
- Nursing Care During Pregnancy
- Maternal and Fetal Nutrition
- Pregnancy Risk Factors and Assessment: Maternal and Fetal
- Pregnancy at Risk: Gestational Conditions
- Pregnancy at Risk: Preexisting Conditions
- Labour and Birth Processes
- Comfort Measures for Labour
- Fetal Health Surveillance During Labour
- Nursing Care During Labour and Birth
- Labour and Birth at Risk
- Maternal Physiological Changes
- Nursing Care During the Fourth Trimester
- Transition to Parenthood
- Postpartum Complications
- Physiological Adaptations of the Newborn
- Nursing Care of the Newborn
- Newborn Nutrition and Feeding
- Infants with Gestational Age-Related Problems
- The Newborn at Risk: Acquired and Congenital Problems
Unit 2: Women’s Health
Unit 3: Pregnancy
Unit 4: Childbirth
Unit 5: Postpartum Period
Unit 6: Newborn
PART 2: PEDIATRIC NURSING
Unit 7: Chi