Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Interaction of Ions and Electrons with Solid Surfaces
2. Laser Beam-Solid Interactions : Fundamental Aspects
3. Magnetron Discharges for Thin Films Plasma Processing
4. Surface Modification of Materials by Plasma Immersion Ion Implantation
5. Ion Surface Treatment of Materials
6. Surface Treatment of Materials with Low-Energy, High-Current
7. Laser Processing for Surface Modification by Remelting and Alloying of Metallic Systems
8. Growth of Coatings by Pulsed Laser Deposition
9. Thermal Plasmas Surface Treatment
10. Thin Film Growth by Ion Beam Assisted Deposition Techniques
11. Cathodic Arc Evaporation
12. Spectroscopic Analyses of Surfaces and Thin Films
13. Formation and Characterization of the Structure of Thin Films and Coatings
14. Mechanical Characterizations of Surfaces and Coatings
15. etermination and Generation Mechanisms of Residual
16. Hard Coatings Based on Metal Nitrides, Metal Carbides and Nanocomposite Materials : PVD Process and Properties
17. Friction Mechanisms and Fundamental Aspects in Solid Lubricant Coatings
18. Corrosion and Wear Resistant Coatings Formed by Ion Beam Techniques
19. High Temperature Behaviour of Thermal Barrier and Bond Coatings in Oxidizing and Corrosive Atmospheres
20. Polymer Films Produced by Plasma Polymerization
The current status of the science and technology related to coatings, thin films and surface modifications produced by directed energy techniques is assessed in Materials Surface Processing by Directed Energy Techniques. The subject matter is divided into 20 chapters - each presented at a tutorial level – rich with fundamental science and experimental results. New trends and new results are also evoked to give an overview of future developments and applications.
- Provides a broad overview on modern coating and thin film deposition techniques, and their applications
- Presents and discusses various problems of physics and chemistry involved in the production, characterization and applications of coatings and thin films
- Each chapter includes experimental results illustrating various models, mechanisms or theories
Physicists, chemists, engineers, materials scientists and researchers involved in materials surface processing and deposition techniques.
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier Science 2006
- 25th April 2006
- Elsevier Science
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
National Polytechnic Institute of Grenoble, France
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.