Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Part 1: General Issues
1. Modelling of materials for sports equipment
2. Non-destructive testing of sports equipment: the use of infrared thermography
Jose Ignacio Priego Quesada
3. Protective helmets in sports
4. Wearable technologies in sports
Farnaz Memarian, Shahrzad Rahmani, Maryam Yousefzadeh and Masoud Latifi
5. 3D Printing of sports equipment
Mladenko Kajtaz, Martin Leary, Milan Brandt and Aleksandar Subic
6. 5 Mouth protection in sports
Part 2: Specific Sports
7. Benchmarking and regulation of glove grip in Australian football
Franz Konstantin Fuss
8. Design and materials in baseball
9. Design and materials in snowboarding
10. Design and materials in ice hockey
David James Pearsall
11. Design and materials in fly fishing
12. Design and materials in archery
Bob W. kooi
13. Design and materials in rowing
14. Design and materials in athletics
15. Design and materials in fitness equipment
16. Foot orthosis in running
Jose Ignacio Priego Quesada and Irene Jimenez-Perez
17. Compressive garments in running.
Jose Ignacio Priego Quesada and Pedro Pérez-Soriano
18. Nanotechnology in sport clothing
Masoud Latifi and Ali Akbar Gharehaghaji
Materials in Sports Equipment, Second Edition, provides a detailed review on the design and performance of materials in sports apparel, equipment and surfaces in a broad range of sporting applications. Chapters cover materials modeling, non-destructive testing, design issues for sports apparel, skull and mouth protection, and new chapters on artificial sport surfaces, anthropometric design customization, and 3D printing in sports equipment. In addition, the book covers sports-specific design and material choices in a range of key sports, from baseball, rowing, and archery, to ice hockey, snowboarding, and fishing.
Users will find a valuable resource that explicitly links materials, engineering and design principles directly to sports applications, thus making it an essential resource to materials scientists, engineers, sports equipment designers and sports manufacturers developing products in this evolving field.
- Provides both updated and new chapters on recent developments in the design and performance of advanced materials in a number of sports applications
- Discusses varying aspects, such as the modeling of materials behavior and non-destructive testing
- Analyzes the aerodynamic properties of materials and the design of sports apparel and smart materials
- Explores new topics on athletic equipment, such as 3D printing and anthropometric design customization and on artificial sports surfaces
R&D in sports materials, material scientists, sports manufacturers and product designers, Athletes and trainers; sports engineers, Students in sports engineering, technology or materials
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2019
- 21st May 2019
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor Aleksandar Subic is the Chair of Mechanical Design and Head of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering at RMIT University in Melbourne, Australia. He is currently the Chairman of the International Sports Engineering Association (ISEA) and Editor-in-Chief of the International Journal of Sustainable Design. Professor Subic is internationally respected for his research in the field of sports engineering.
Professor Aleksandar Subic, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research & Development), Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.