- Print ISBN 9780444824097
- Electronic ISBN 9780080535869
The major areas addressed are:
- single- and multi-component balancing
- energy balance
- entropy and exergy (availability) balances
- solvability of balancing problems
- balancing with data reconciliation
- dynamic balancing
- measurement design and optimisation
- regular balancing of large industrial systems.
The book is directed to chemical engineers, plant designers, technologists, information technology managers, control engineers and instrumentation engineers in process industries. Major areas of applications are process industries and energy production, such as oil refining, natural gas processing, petrochemistry, chemical industries, mineral processing and utility production and distribution systems. University students and teachers of chemical engineering and control will also find the book invaluable.