Master Techniques in Rhinoplasty is a concise yet comprehensive, multi-authored, multi-specialty surgical text and video atlas that provides all the guidance you need to get the best outcomes in rhinoplasty. Babak Azizzadeh, MD, FACS and other leading experts guide you through both open and endonasal primary and secondary rhinoplasty techniques with the use of step-by-step procedures, color line drawings, intraoperative photographs, and narrated videos on DVD.
- Expertly perform the latest open and endonasal techniques for both primary and revision rhinoplasty and give your patients the outstanding results they demand.
- Choose the most promising approach based on multiple expert viewpoints on the advantages and disadvantages of each approach.
- Review history, personal philosophy, anatomy, preoperative analysis, technique, and postoperative care, and complication avoidance for each procedure – all the information you need to get the best outcomes.
- Master the nuances of each new technique through step-by-step instructions and beautiful, detailed line drawings and intraoperative photographs.
- Watch master surgeons perform techniques in narrated videos on the included DVD.
- Tap into the experience and expertise of leading reconstructive and cosmetic plastic surgeons.
- History of rhinoplasty
- Nasal Anatomy and Physiology
- Nasal Analysis (proportions, tripod concept, nasal subunits, standardized photography, morphing)
- Psychological Considerations in Rhinoplasty
- Primary External Rhinoplasty
- Primary Endonasal Rhinoplasty: Intercartilaginous, dome delivery
- Secondary External Rhinoplasty
- Endonasal Transcartilaginous Approach
- Common Complications/Pitfalls in Rhinoplasty: Avoidance and Corrections
- Nasal Osteotomies: medial , lateral, asymmetric, perforating
- Autologous Cartilage Grafting: Septal, conchal, and rib grafts
- The middle vault: upper lateral cartilage modifications. Spreader grafts, extended spreader grafts, butterfly grafts. Endonasal and external approach
- Lower lateral cartilage modifications
- Suturing techniques to refine the nasal tip
- Rib graft harvest
- Calvarial bone graft
- Alloplasts in nasal surgery
- Post-rhinoplasty pinched tip deformity – endonasal approach
- Post-rhinoplasty pinched tip deformity - external approach
- The management of alar columellar disproportion
- Crooked nose
- Saddle nose deformity: including diced cartilage use
- Long /Overprojected nose and the tension tip deformity
- Underprojected nose/Ptotic tip
- Thin skin: alloderm, temporalis fascia, other
- Thick Skin
- Short nose
- Asian rhinoplasty
- African-American rhinoplasty
- Middle-Eastern rhinoplasty
- Mestizo-Hispanic Rhinoplasty
- The aging nose
- Cleft-lip Rhinoplasty
- Management of nasal airway disorders: septoplasty, etc..
- Total nasal reconstruction and local flaps for nasal skin cancer reconstruction
- Septal perforation repair
- Repair of acute nasal fracture
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2011
- 6th July 2011
- Hardcover ISBN:
Director, The Center for Facial and Nasal Plastic Surgery, Assistant Clinical Professor of Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Audrey Skirball-Kenis Center for Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Beverly Hills, California
Director, Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgery, West Palm Beach, Florida
Clinical Associate Professor, Division of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Tulane University School of Medicine; Director, Hedgewood Surgical Center, New Orleans, Louisiana
Director, Beacon Facial Plastic Surgery, Assistant Clinical Instructor, Harvard Medical School, Associate Staff Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary and Tufts Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts
"Master Techniques in Rhinoplasty is a concise yet comprehensive, multi-authored, multi-specialty surgical text and video atlas that provides the guidance clinicians need to get the best outcomes in rhinoplasty. Babak Azizzadeh, MD, FACS and other leading experts guide clinicians through both open and endonasal primary and secondary rhinoplasty techniques with the use of step-by-step procedures, color line drawings, intraoperative photographs, and narrated videos on DVD.
Master Techniques in Rhinoplasty allows clinicians to perfect the latest rhinoplasty techniques. Leading experts in the field help clinicians achieve the best possible outcomes. Multiple viewpoints give readers choices and step-by-step instructions and detailed drawings and videos help them visualize procedures." - SirReadaLot.org
"This is a very instructive book showcasing the techniques used by masters in rhinoplasty to achieve good results...The editors achieved the difficult task of getting 68 contributors from the eminent centres in USA to write 38 chapters in more 500 well presented glossy pages with clear illustrattions of the different techniques used to address the common nasal deformities...This is a book that I would recommend for any trainee who is going to pursue a career in facial palstic surgery and for consultants wishing to pick up useful tips and tricks to use if they face a significant deformity in the nose."
ENT & Audiology News, September 2012
"The book is written by the top experts in rhinoplasty, both primary and revision. I particularly liked the chapters on the approach to rhinoplasty in different ethnicities.This would be a key addition to any rhinoplasty surgeon's library, whether beginning or a veteran. It achieves its aims and has set a high standard for future books to emulate."
- Kim Haena, MD Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
4 Star - Doody Rating, March 2013