- Concise synoptic (not telegraphic text).
- Appropriate self-assessment material.
- Only covers core, so student knows the whole book is essential.
- Includes key objectives.
- Contains simple and memorable diagrams for reproduction in exams.
- Ideal for learning as well as examination review, specifically trying to stimulate the student into assessing his/her own knowledge.
- The books in the seies both complement other available major texts, but also contain enough material to stand in the own right.
- Provides examination practice.
- Part of co-ordinated series.
Pathology, health and disease. The diagnostic process: from clinical reasoning to molecular biology. Cell growth and adaptation. Cell injury. Cascades, haemostasis and shock. Atherosclerosis and thrombosis. The immune system 1. The immune system 2. Inflammation. Healing and repair. Differentiation, growth disorders and neoplasia. Classification of neoplasms. Cell and tissue degeneration and accumulation.
Part 2: Systematic Pathology
Cardiovascular system. Respiratory tract. Upper gastrointestinal tract. Lower gastrointestinal tract. Liver, biliary tract and exocrine pancreas. Endocrine system. Female breast. Female genital tract. Male genital tract. Urinary tract. Lymphoreticular system. Bones and soft tissue. Skin. Nervous system.