MASTER DESTISTRY is designed as a revision guide for dental students and offers the "curriculum essentials" in an easy-to-digest format. Each section is fully illustrated throughout and is supported by extensive self-assessment questions which allow the reader to assess their own knowledge of the topic and perfect their exam techniques. Now in colour, this second edition addresses oral and maxillofacial surgery, radiology, pathology and oral medicine and is perfect for both undergraduate students and post-graduates preparing for the MFDS or international equivalents.
- Quick reference revision aid for dental students – ideal for exam preparation!
- Integrates specialist areas of knowledge to enhance skills in clinical problem solving
- Evidence-based approach enables understanding of the strength of the evidence supporting current practice
- Includes extensive self-testing material – short answers, essays, MCQs and EMQs – enabling students to assess their knowledge and perfect exam techniques
- Suitable for post-graduate students who will find the book useful for the MJDF or international equivalent
Evidence-based practice; Assessing patients; Medical aspects of patient care; Control of pain and anxiety; Infection and inflammation of the teeth and jaws; Removal of teeth and surgical implantology; Diseases of bone and the maxillary sinus; Oral and maxillofacial injuries; Dentofacial and craniofacial anomalies; Cysts and odontogenic tumours; Mucosal diseases; Premalignancy and malignancy; Salivary gland disease; Facial pain; Disorders of the temporomandibular joint; Radiation protection; Index
- © Churchill Livingstone 2008
- 8th August 2008
- Churchill Livingstone
- eBook ISBN:
Professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, The University of Manchester; Honorary Consultant, Central Manchester and Manchester Children's University Hospitals NHS Trust, UK
Professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Imaging, The University of Manchester; Honorary Consultant, Central Manchester and Manchester Children's University Hospitals NHS Trust, UK
Consultant Histopathologist, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne; Honorary Professor, School of Dental Sciences, Newcastle University, UK
Senior Clinical Teaching Fellow in Oral Medicine; Senior Tutor for Undergraduate Dental Studies, The University of Manchester, UK