Put today's best approaches to work for your patients with this practical guide to cutting-edge psychopharmacologic and somatic treatments for psychiatric and neurologic conditions. Comprised of key chapters from the second edition of Stern et al.’s Massachusetts General Hospital Comprehensive Clinical Psychiatry, this user-friendly resource focuses on current psychotropic treatments, electroconvulsive therapy, and neurotherapeutics, making it an ideal quick reference for psychiatrists, psychologists, internists, and nurse practitioners.
- Stay current with hot topics in the field , including the use of antiepileptic drugs in psychiatry, ADHD medications, and often-overlooked areas such as treatment of pain.
- Includes detailed coverage of antidepressants, antipsychotics, antianxiety medications, as well as drug–drug interactions, side-effects, and treatment adherence.
- Quickly find the information you need with a user-friendly, highly templated format that features abundant boxed summaries, bulleted points, case histories, algorithms, references, and suggested readings.
- Test your knowledge of psychopharmacology and neurotherapeutics with interactive, downloadable multiple-choice questions with detailed answers for each chapter.
- Benefit from the authoritative content of the parent text, MGH Comprehensive Clinical Psychiatry, 2nd Edition, now featuring new art, new tables, and key points, and updated to DSM-5 where relevant.
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2015
- 27th April 2015
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Chief, Avery D. Wiesman Psychiatry Consultation Service, Massachusetts General Hospital, Director, Office for Clinician Careers, Massachusetts General Hospital, Ned H. Cassem Professor of Psychiatry in the Field of Psychosomatic Medicine/Consultation, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
Director, Clinical Research Program Executive Vice-Chair, Department of Psychiatry Executive Director, Clinical Trials Network and Institute Massachusetts General Hospital Slater Family Professor of Psychiatry Harvard Medical School Boston, MA
Senior Staff, Child Psychiatry and Pediatric Psychopharmacology, Director of the Center for Addiction Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Associate Professor of Psychiatry , Harvard Medical School , Boston, MA
Psychiatrist-in-Chief, Massachusetts General Hospital Chair, Executive Committee on Research Massachusetts General Hospital Stanley Cobb Professor of Psychiatry Harvard Medical School Boston, MA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.