Mass Spectrometry: Techniques for the Structural Characterization of Glycans presents new methods for conducting detailed carbohydrate qualitative analysis—arming analytical chemists, pharmaceutical scientists, and food scientists with a quick reference that will allow them to determine the structures of carbohydrates molecules.
As there is a need in the scientific community for content specific to structural determination and analysis of new glycoprotein drug, and because structure-activity analysis requires a structural determination of the N- and O-linked oligosaccharides linked to glycol-proteins, this book provides the relevant research that are necessary for advances and new outcomes in this area of study.
- Authored by an analytical chemist with more than 30 years of experience in research and industry
- Serves as a quick reference in mass spectral analysis and carbohydrates
- Includes more than 60 figures to aid in the retention of key concepts
Analytical chemists, pharmaceutical scientists, and food scientists conducting research in mass spectral analysis.
- Mass Spectral Analysis of Carbohydrates
- 1 Isolation Methods for MS Analysis
- 2 Component Monosaccharide Analysis by Acid Catalyzed Hydrolysis of Glycan and Qualitative Chromatographic Identification by HPLC
- 3 Identification of Glycoses Versus Glycitols by HPAEC-PAD Difference Chromatograms
- 4 The Methods for Preparing an Oligosaccharide Reducing Glycan from a Glycoprotein, Linked Through O-Glycosidic Linkage
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2016
- 16th May 2016
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Mike Madson is CEO and Senior Research Scientist of BioLogistics, LLC, Iowa, USA
BioLogistics, LLC, Iowa, USA