The purpose of Marketing Research for Managers is to enable managers to become more informed research users and buyers. The more managers know about how marketing research works, the more effective they can be in using it as a management tool.
This new edition of the text includes:
- The development of the "knowledge economy"
- Analysis of customer relationship management
- Comprehensive discussion of electronic techniques
- New and updated case studies and examples
- Highly practical and informative
- New material which highlights the impact of new technology
- New case studies and examples
Professional market: Marketing Managers and Marketing Research Managers; Academic market: Postgraduate students, CIM and CAM students.
Introducing market research; Getting started; Marketing research begins at home; 'Off the peg' research; 'Made to measure' research; How are the data collected?; Who provides the information?; How do you ask the questions?; Who asks the questions?; What happens to the answers?; How do you buy good research?; Using research in experiments; Business-to-business research; Using research in global markets; Using research in marketing decision-making; Where do you go from here?
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 2003
- 9th May 2003
- Paperback ISBN:
Director of Marketing and Public Affairs, London Docklands Development Corporation
Principal Lecturer in Marketing, University of Greenwich Business School; Tutor and Senior Consultant at the IDM; full member of the Market Research Society and ESOMAR; and member of CIM