- Compiles studies from leading scientists in a direct and accessible format. Includes practical descriptions of results, adding further details not often covered in formal articles
- Takes a molecular view which fully explains the enzymatic aspects of reactions, particularly regarding biocatalytic characteristics and descriptions of bioprocesses
- Selects examples of chemical and stereochemical aspects of enzymatic action with respect to known terrestrial counterparts
Table of Contents
- Part 1 Introduction: Treasures in the deep sea; The fundamentals and fun of biocatalysis; Marine biocatalysts and their stability: molecular approach; Marine enzymes with applications for biosynthesis of fine Chemicals. Part 2 Sources of marine enzymes: Metagenomic strategies for the discovery of novel enzymes with biotechnological application from marine ecosystems; Bioprocess engineering approaches for the production of marine enzymes; Diversity, population dynamics and biocatalytic potential of cultivable and non- cultivable bacterial communities of the saline ecosystems; Actinomycetes from marine habitats and their enzymatic potential. Part 3 Bioprocesses and biocatalytic characteristics: Three types of proteolytic enzymes in hepatopancreas of Japanese common squid Todarodes pacifi cus as studied by degradation of fish muscle proteins; Stereoselective synthesis using marine enzymes; Tannase-source, biocatalytic characteristics, and bioprocesses for Production; Biosynthesis and degradation of bioactive imidazole- related dipeptides; Polysaccharide- degrading enzymes from herbivorous marine invertebrates; Marine hydrocarbonoclastic bacteria; Ligninolytic enzymes from marine- derived fungi: Production and applications; Polysaccharide- degrading enzymes from marine bacteria; The biosynthesis of trehalose and sugar- glycerate compatible solutes in organisms that live in hot and saline environments.
- No. of pages: 576
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2013
- Published: September 30, 2013
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781908818355
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Marine Enzymes for Biocatalysis"