Bringing together experts in the field of manual therapy, this unique collection includes commissioned Masterclass articles on vertebral column injuries and rehab that were published in the journal Manual Therapy between the years 1995 - 2002. Ideal for study and clinical reference, this compact and portable volume groups articles into sections by anatomical area. The articles also include updated "postscripts" where the original authors summarize the developments in their related research and clinical practice that have taken place since their papers were first published.
- Brings together classic papers by experts in the field that--- until now--- were only available in separate issues of the journal Manual Therapy.
- Includes updates by the original authors.
- Designed for frequent use and clinical reference.
Section 1: Cervical Spine
1. Management of Cervical Headache
2. Spinal Manipulative Thrust Technique Using Combined Movement Therapy
Section 2: Thoracic Spine
3. Rotational Instability of the Mid Thoracic Spine: Assessment and Management
Section 3: Lumbar Spine
4. Muscle Control- Pain Control: What Exercises Would Your Prescribe?
5. Lumbar Segmental 'Instability': Clinical Presentation and Specific Stabilizing Exercise Management
6. Nerve Trunk Pain: Physical Diagnosis and Treatment
7. Patient Positioning and Spinal Locking for Lumbar Spinal Rotation Manipulation
8. The Management of Low Back Pain in Pregnancy
9. Recalcitrant Chronic Low Back & Leg Pain - A New Therapy and Different Approach to Management
10. Use of Real-Time Ultrasound Imaging for Feedback in Rehabilitation
Section 4: SI Joint
11. Sacroiliac Dysfunction in Dancers with Low Back Pain
Section 5: General
12. Functional Stability Re-Training: Principles and Strategies for Managing Mechanical Dysfunction
13. The Mulligan Concept: Its Application in the Management of Spinal Conditions
14. The Role of Physiotherapy in the Prevention and Treatment of Osteoporosis
15. Fear of Movement/(Re)Injury, Avoidance, and Pain Disability in Chronic Low Back Pain Patients
- No. of pages:
- © Churchill Livingstone 2003
- 7th May 2003
- Churchill Livingstone
- Hardcover ISBN: