Bringing together experts in the field of manual therapy, this unique collection comprises commissioned Masterclass articles on the peripheral joints that were originally published in the journal Manual Therapy between the years 1995 - 2002. Ideal for study and clinical reference, this compact and portable volume includes articles addressing all the main peripheral joints. Many of the articles also include updating "postscripts" in which the original authors summarize the developments in their related research and clinical practice that have taken place since their papers were first published.
- Brings together classic papers that, until now, were only available in separate issues of the journal Manual Therapy.
- Features papers by experts in the field including Sally A. Hess, Dr. Sarah L. Mottram, Kevin J. Sims, Jenny McConnell, Russell Volpe, Justin Wernick, Dr. Linda M.G. Lang, Dr. Jill L. Cook, Dr. Karim Khan, Craig Pordam, Dr. Dana J. Lawrence, Fiona J. Coutts, Glenn Hunter, and Linda Exelby
- Includes updates by the original authors.
- Designed for frequent use and clinical reference.
- Shoulder: Dynamic stability of the glenohumeral joint
2. Shoulder: Dynamic stability of the scapula
3. Hip: Assessment and treatment of hip osteoarthritis
4. Knee: Management of patellofemoral problems
5. Foot: Static biomechanical evaluation of the foot and lower limb: The podiatrist's perspective
6. Foot: Achilles tendinopathy
7. Foot: Chiropractic manipulation of the foot
8. General: Gait analysis in the therapeutic environment
9. General: Specific soft tissue mobilisation in the management of soft tissue dysfunction
10. General: Peripheral mobilisations with movement
- No. of pages:
- © Churchill Livingstone 2003
- 6th May 2003
- Churchill Livingstone
- Hardcover ISBN:
Principle Lecturer, Department of Physiotherapy, University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield, UK