Dr. Lester’s Manual of Surgical Pathology, 3rd Edition offers complete, practical guidance on the evaluation of the surgical pathology specimen, from its arrival in the department to preparation of the final report. Inside, you’ll find step-by-step instructions on specimen processing, tissue handling, gross dissection technique, histological examination, application of special stains, development of a differential diagnosis, and more. This thoroughly revised New Edition integrates cutting-edge procedures well as the latest staging and classification information. Coverage of the latest standards and procedures for the laboratory and handling of surgical pathology specimens are valuable assets to pathologists, pathology assistants, and anyone working in a pathology laboratory. Plus, with Expert Consult functionality, you’ll have easy access to the full text online as well as all of the book’s illustrations and links to Medline.
• Features more than 150 tables that examine the interpretation of histochemical stains, immunohistochemical studies, electron microscopy findings, cytogenetic changes, and much more.
• Presents a user-friendly design, concise paragraphs, numbered lists, and bulleted material throughout the text that makes information easy to find.
• Offers detailed instructions on the dissection, description, and sampling of specimens.
• Includes useful guidance on operating room consultations, safety, microscope use, and error prevention.
• Explains the application of pathology reports to patient management.
• Discusses how to avoid frequent errors and pitfalls in pathology specimen processing.
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2010
- 27th July 2010
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Chief, Breast Pathology, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Assistant Professor, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.