- A best practice approach to health issues and concerns helps you provide the best possible care to students.
- A clear, consistent outline format and straightforward writing style make it easy to locate and apply essential information.
- Updated content includes important contemporary issues in schools, such as body piercing, backpack syndrome, and computer ergonomics.
- Brain Findings section offers relevant information about recent brain and neurology research, with insights on how it relates to childhood development and health.
- Numerous appendices, including the latest growth charts and immunization schedules, provide essential information for assessing school age children.
- English-Spanish translation guide for common health terms and phrases helps you communicate more effectively with Hispanic students.
- Web site resources at the end of each chapter provide reliable sources for further information and research.
- A convenient Glossary familiarizes you with important terminology and definitions used throughout the book.
2. Vision and Hearing
3. Acute Conditions
4. Chronic Conditions
5. Mental Health
6. Substance Abuse
8. Adolescent and Gender-Specific Issues
9. Special Education
10. Twenty-First Century Health Challenges
11. Emergency and Disaster Preparedness
12. First Aid