- Print ISBN 9781455740192
- Electronic ISBN 9780323294928
- The latest diagnoses, assessment and treatment strategies, and psychotropic drug information keep you up-to-date with the most current information.
- Care plans containing nursing diagnosis, etiology, assessment findings/diagnostic cues, outcome criteria, long- and short-term goals, and interventions and rationales offer plans of care for a wide range of psychiatric nursing diagnoses.
- A focus on clinical information furnishes you with information on providing patient care in a range of settings.
- Assessment Guides, including tables, charts, and questionnaires facilitate patient diagnosis and care.
- A chapter on Major Psychotropic Interventions and Patient and Family Teaching, in addition to the content found in each disorder chapter, helps you better understand the uses and workings of the psychotropic agents.
- Coverage of major disorders exposes you to a wide range of disorders within psychiatric nursing.
1. The Nursing Process and Assessment: Standards of Care
2. Maximizing Communication Skills
3. The Nurse Patient Relationship and Guidelines for Conducting a Clinical Interview
PART II: DIAGNOSIS AND CARE PLANNING
4. Selected Disorders of Childhood and Adolescence
5. Anxiety Disorders and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders
6. Stress and Stress-Related Disorders
7. Depressive Disorders
8. Bipolar Spectrum Disorders
9. Schizophrenia and Other Psychotic Disorders
10. Personality Disorders
11. Substance-Related Addictive Disorders
12. Eating Disorders
13. Neurocognitive Disorders
PART III: PSYCHIATRIC EMERGENCIES AND FORENSIC ISSUES
14. Crisis Intervention and Rehabilitation
15. Family Violence
16. Sexual Violence
17. Suicide Behaviors
18. Anger, Aggression and Violence
19. Grieving and Complicated Grieving
PART IV: CHALLENGING BEHAVIORS
20. Manipulative Behaviors
21. Noncompliance/Nonadherence to Medication or Treatment
B. Classification and Full Assessment
C. Assessment Tools for Children and Adolescents
D. Assessment Guides
E. Abnormal Involuntary Movement Scale (AIMS)
- No. of pages:
- © 2015
- 24th March 2014
- Print ISBN:
- Electronic ISBN: