- More than 125 common medical-surgical conditions are organized by body system for convenient use as a clinical reference.
- A quick-reference, easy-to-use format includes these headings for each med-surg disorder:
- Diagnostic Tests
- Collaborative Management
- Nursing Diagnoses and Interventions
- Patient-Family Teaching and Discharge Planning
- Outcome criteria feature specific and measurable timeframes for each outcome.
- Patient teaching for each disorder helps you educate patients and their families for self-care and discharge.
- Clinical notes and cautions stress key points or alerts related to various disorders and conditions.
- An overview of nursing considerations for the hospitalized patient includes concepts relevant to many disorders, such as perioperative care, pain, prolonged bed rest, psychosocial support, and older adult care.
- Attractive two-color design highlights key information for fast reference.
- A durable, water-resistant cover prolongs the life of the book.
1. General Concepts in Caring for Medical-Surgical Patients
Prolonged Bed Rest
Psychosocial Support for the Family and Significant Others
Older Adult Care
2. Respiratory Disorders
Acute Respiratory Disorders
- Pleural Effusion
- Pulmonary Embolus
- Pulmonary Tuberculosis
Acute Respiratory Failure
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
Restrictive Pulmonary Disorder
- Interstitial Pulmonary Fibrosis
3. Cardiovascular Disorders
Diseases of the Cardiovascular System
- Coronary Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Pulmonary Hypertension
Inflammatory Heart Disorders
- Infective Endocarditis
Valvular Heart Disorders
- Mitral Stenosis
- Mitral Insufficiency
- Aortic Stenosis
- Aortic Insufficiency
Cardiovascular Conditions Secondary to Other Disease Processes
- Cardiac and Noncardiac Shock (Circulatory Failure)
- Sudden Cardiac Death
- Cardiac Surgery