Section 1: Diagnosis of Heart Disease
1. The History and Physical Examination
2. Radiology of the Heart
4. Echocardiography and Doppler Ultrasound
5. Special Diagnostic Techniques for Evaluation of Cardiac Disease
Section 2: Cardiovascular Diseases
6. Acquired Valvular Disease
7. Canine Cardiomyopathy
8. Feline Cardiomyopathy
9. Cor Pulmonale and Pulmonary Thromboembolism–NEW!
10. Canine and Feline Heartworm Disease
11. Cardiac Tumors and Pericardial Disease
12. Congenital Heart Disease
13. Cardiovascular Disorders in Systemic Diseases
14. Systemic Hypertension
Section 3: Treatment of Cardiovascular Disease
15. Pathophysiology and Therapy of Heart Failure
16. Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmias and Conduction Disturbances
17. Cardiopulmonary Arrest and Resuscitation
18. Emergency Management and Critical Care
19. Anesthesia of the Cardiac Patient
20. Cardiac Surgery–NEW!
21. Pacemaker Therapy–NEW!
1. Canine Breed Predilections for Heart Disease
2. Common Cardiovascular Drugs
3. Echocardiographic Normals by Body Weight and Breed
4. CHIEF Classification System of Canine Congestive Heart Failure–NEW!
The most effective, practical approach to the recognition and management of cardiovascular and cardiopulmonary medicine, MANUAL OF CANINE AND FELINE CARDIOLOGY, 4th Edition takes a user-friendly approach to the challenges and conditions you encounter in everyday practice. This completely revised and updated edition includes vital information on diagnostic modalities and techniques, therapeutic options, surgical procedures, and pharmaceutical management of the dog and cat cardiac patient. This invaluable, practical reference covers the full breadth of canine and feline cardiology diagnosis and management in a straightforward and clinically focused format.
- Covers common cardiovascular disorders and practical treatment methods for cardiac failure, cardiac arrhythmias, conduction disturbances, cardiopulmonary arrest, as well as procedures for resuscitation.
- Includes numerous reproductions of electrocardiograms, thoracic radiographs, and pressure curves
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2008
- 14th December 2007
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
President, VetMed Consultants, Inc., Consultant, New Mexico Veterinary Specialty Referral Center, Santa Fe, NM
Vice President, VetMed Consultants, Inc., Lexington, MA; Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine, Tufts University, North Grafton, MA
Associate Professor, Department of Clinical Studies, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
Meg Sleeper, VMD, is an Associate Veterinarian in cardiology at the University of Pennsylvania veterinary school where her research focuses on therapeutic gene transfer.
Assistant Professor and Section Chief, Cardiology, Department of Clinical Studies, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA