* Focuses on the how, what, and why of risk management using a consistent and well organized writing style interspersed with case studies, examples, exercises, as well as end matter.
* Fills a need in the area of risk assessment and risk management in the process and chemical engineering industry as an essential multi-audience reference/resource tool, useful to managers and students.
Table of Contents
- Introduction; Hazard Identification; Ranking and Shortlisting of Risks; Defining Risk Criteria; Consequence Assessment; Frequency Assessment; Computer-Based Risk Assessment; Systematic Risk Reduction; Management of Process Safety and Reliability of New Plants; Management of Risk and Reliability of Existing Plants; Introduction to "Software" and the "Human Factor"; Appendices A-E: Conducting a Hazard and Operability Study (Hazop); Application of Rapid Ranking to Improve the Reliability of Supply to the Market; FMEA and FMECA; An Illustrative Audit Checklist for Process Safety and Reliability; U.S. Regulations.
- No. of pages: 528
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Gulf Professional Publishing 2003
- Published: June 25, 2003
- Imprint: Gulf Professional Publishing
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780750677349
- eBook ISBN: 9780080469836
About the Author
A Fellow of the Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering, Mark was a member of the Research Standing Committee of the National Occupational Health and Safety Commission and participated in the Worksafe Australia Expert Working Group which prepared model regulations for Control of Major Hazards in Industry. He was a foundation member of the National Community Advisory Panel of the 'Responsible Care' program of the Australian Chemical Industry. In addition, he has chaired several committees of the Institution of Engineers, Australia, including the Chemical Engineering Branch of Sydney Division, the National Committee on Risk Engineering, and the Institution's Risk Engineering Society.
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
(Total rating for all reviews)
TAC Fri Nov 22 2019
Excellent all-round book on Risk
I was a student of MT's in his USyd days, and he was one of the few inspiring lecturers. This book is a great all rounder for those interested in the risk management field.