Provides an authoritative, comprehensive and clinically-orientated guide to both the background causes and full range of treatment options for patients suffering from impotence and sexually-related dysfunction. The book is a concise and practical text, enhanced with specially commissioned computer graphics and full color illustrations. It is one of the first titles to comprehensively cover the new developments in treatment of female sexual dysfunction. Throughout, there is a wealth of information on new therapies, and the very latest information on drug treatment. The book includes innovative treatment algorithms, summary boxes, and patient vignettes, and has been produced to a tight time-frame to ensure a current approach.
- Encompasses the very latest developments in the field, thanks to an especially brief production schedule.
- Discusses the neuroanatomy and physiology of male and female sexual response, and evaluates the role of factors such as hormones, diabetes, hypertension, and depression in causing sexual dysfunction.
- Explores new oral therapies for male and female sexual dysfunction · new therapies for ejaculation dis¬orders, including rapid ejaculation · MUSE and intracavernosal therapies · vacuum devices, gels, injections, and penile implants · gene therapy · and future directions in treatment.
- Presents specially commissioned computer graphics and full-color illustrations that make pathophysiology and treatment principles easy to understand.
- Neuroanatomy and physiology of male sexual response
2. Neuroanatomy and physiology of female sexual response
3. Psychological influences of male and female sexual function
4. The ejaculatory response
5. Pathophysiology of male ED
6. Pathophysiology of FSD
7. Androgens in male sexual physiology
8. Diabetes and ED
9. Hypertension and ED
10. Depression and ED/FSD
11. Current oral therapies for male ED and FSD
12. New oral therapies for male ED and FSD
13. New therapies for ejaculation disorders, including rapid ejaculation
14. MUSE and intracavernosal therapies
15. Vacuum devices and penile implants
16. The role of psychotherapy for male and female sexual dysfunction
17. Gene therapy and future developments
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby Ltd. 2004
- 5th May 2004
- Mosby Ltd.
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Professor of Urology and Reproductive Biology, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, OH
Clinical Professor of Urology, Department of Urology, University of Southern California and Director, Male Clinic, Beverly Hills, CA
Genito-Urinary Physician, Director of the Australian Centre for Sexual Health, St. Luke's Hospital Complex, Sydney, Australia
Urologist, Associate Professor of Therapeutics, Department of Urology, Academic Hopital Bicetre, Le Kremlin Bicetre, Cedex, France
Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Urology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH