- Learn the right questions to ask when viewing a mammogram, MRI, or ultrasound.
- Zero in on the key information you need to know with highly templated, concise chapters followed by case studies that reinforce and expand your knowledge.
- Distinguish normal variants and lookalike lesions from cancer thanks to expert, highly visual guidance on all relevant imaging modalities.
- Interpret the findings you're likely to see in practice with the aid of high-quality images, enhanced with arrows and labels to help you recognize and identify suspicious lesions.
- Access the entire text and images online at www.expertconsult.com.
Section I: Approach and Technique
1. The First Question
2. Physics Facts that WILL Improve Your Images
3. Screening Mammography 101 and Beyond
4. The Recalled Patient: Now What?
Section II: Findings on Mammography
5. Breast Anatomy and Physiology: Recognizing Normal Changes
6. Calcifications Made Easy
7. Management of Masses: BI-RADS 2, 3, or 4?
8. Multiple Masses
9. Architectural Distortion
10. Mammographic Asymmetries
11. Expanding the Differential Diagnosis: Going Beyond IDC-NOS
Section III: Screening Detection
12. Finding Cancers in Dense Tissue
13. Measuring and Managing Breast Cancer Risk
Section IV: Diagnostic Examinations and Management
14. The Painful and the Palpable
15. Evaluation of Nipple Discharge
16. The Male Breast
17. Imaging the Patient with Breast Cancer
Section V: Postoperative Studies
18. The Postoperative Breast
19. Evaluating Women with Implants
Section VI: Interventions
20. Breast Needle Biopsy: Tips for Challenging Cases