Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Invited Papers: 1. Growth and Structure. Influence of the growth conditions on the magnetic properties of fcc cobalt films: from monolayers to superlattices (J.J. De Miguel et al.).
2. Interlayer Coupling and Magnetoresistance. Layered magnetic structures: antiferromagnetic type interlayer coupling and magnetoresistance due to antiparallel alignment (P. Grüunberg et al.). Theory of magnetoresistance in magnetic superlattices (P.M. Levy, S.F. Zhang).
3. Magnetic Domains and Structural Characterizations. Scanning electron microscopy with polarization analysis (SEMPA) - studies of domains, domain walls and magnetic singularities at surfaces and in thin films (M.R. Scheinfein et al.). Magnetic domain structure in ultrathin cobalt films (H.P. Oepen).
4. Magneto-Optic, Light Scattering and Magnetic Processes. Spectroscopy of multilayers for magneto-optic storage (D. Weller et al.). Magnetic and structural properties of Co/Pt multilayers (C.-J. Lin et al.).
5. Ultrathin Structures. Magnetic properties of ultrathin epitaxial films of iron (C. Liu, S.D. Bader). Spin-orbit induced orbital angular momentum in monolayers (J.G. Gay, R. Richter). Magnetization, coercive forces and magnetoresistance in simple and double Co films with perpendicular magnetization (C. Chappert et al.).
6. Magnetic Devices. Diluted Magnetic Semiconductors and Multilayered Structures. Multilayered films of nitride alloys as magnetic head materials (H. Sakakima et al.). New diluted magnetic semiconductors based on III-V compounds (S. Von Molnár et al.).
7. Spectroscopy. Spin-polarised neutron reflection studies of epitaxial films (J.A.C. Bland et al.). Time-resolved photoemission spectroscopy on ferromagnetic surfaces and thin films (F. Meier et al.).
8. Anisotropy. Magnetic anisotropy of multilayers (F.J.A. Den Broeder et al.). Phenomenology of anisotropy in the ferromagnetism of ultrathin films (A.S. Arrott, B. Heinrich). Author index. Subject index.
Materials Research in thin and ultrathin magnetic structures is a multidisciplinary field which heavily relies on state-of-the-art growth, characterization and theoretical approaches to build a comprehensive physical picture on how magnetic properties depend on interfacial structural issues, interlayer coupling and transport phenomena. Often in this field, the critical properties and characterization required necessitates knowledge of structural and magnetic phenomena extending over several atomic planes. Atomic controlled growth techniques are required and atomic sensitivity is needed from magnetic and structural probes. This critical knowledge is vital for device applications, providing the basis for the synergistic interactions that are predominant in this field of research. This volume is the definitive reference source for anyone interested in the latest advances and results of current experimental research in ultrathin film magnetism.
- No. of pages:
- © North Holland 1991
- 6th June 1991
- North Holland
- eBook ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.