Magnetic Resonance Imaging: Physical and Biological Principles, 4th Edition offers comprehensive, well-illustrated coverage on this specialized subject at a level that does not require an extensive background in math and physics. It covers the fundamentals and principles of conventional MRI along with the latest fast imaging techniques and their applications. Beginning with an overview of the fundamentals of electricity and magnetism (Part 1), Parts 2 and 3 present an in-depth explanation of how MRI works. The latest imaging methods are presented in Parts 4 and 5, and the final section (Part 6) covers personnel and patient safety and administration issues. This book is perfect for student radiographers and practicing technologists preparing to take the MRI advanced certification exam offered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
"I would recommend it to anyone starting their MRI training and anyone trying to teach MRI to others." Reviewed by RAD Magazine, June 2015
- Challenge questions at the end of each chapter help you assess your comprehension.
- Chapter outlines and objectives assist you in following the hierarchy of material in the text.
- Penguin boxes highlight key points in the book to help you retain the most important information and concepts in the text.
Part I: Fundamentals
1. An Overview of Magnetic Resonance Imaging
2. Electricity and Magnetism
3. Nuclear Magnetism
Part II: The Magnetic Resonance Image
5. Radiofrequency Pulse Sequences
6. Magnetic Resonance Imaging Tissue Parameters
7. Manipulating Magnetic Resonance Image Contrast
8. Fourier Transforms in Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Part III: The Imaging System
9. Magnetic Resonance Imaging Hardware
10. Primary Magnetic Resonance Imaging Magnets
11. Secondary Magnetic Resonance Imaging Magnets
Part IV: Image Formation
12. Digital Imaging
13. A Walk Through the Spatial Frequency Domain
14. The Musical Score
15. Magnetic Resonance Images
Part V: Pulse Sequences
16. Spin Echo Imaging
17. Chemical Shift and Magnetization Transfer
18. Steady State Gradient Echo Imaging
19. Hybrid Fast Imaging Techniques
20. Echo Planar Imaging
Part VI: Applications
21. Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
22. Partially Parallel Magnetic Resonance Imaging
23. Magnetic Resonance Angiography
24. Perfusion Imaging
25. Diffusion Imaging
26. Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Part VII: Safety
27. Contrast Agents and Magnetic Resonance Imaging
28. Magnetic Resonance Imaging Artifacts
29. Biological Effects of Magnetic Resonance Imaging
30. Managing a Magnetic Resonance Imaging System
Appendix A: The Bloch Equations
Appendix B: Additional Resources
Answers to Challenge Questions
Answers to Practice Examinations
Glossary of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Terms
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2014
- 28th March 2003
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Professor of Radiologic Science, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
Professor of Radiology The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio San Antonio, Texas
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.