Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Low-Temperature Energy Systems with Applications of Renewable Energy investigates a wide variety of low-temperature energy applications in residential, commercial, institutional, and industrial areas. It addresses the basic principles that form the groundwork for more efficient energy conversion processes and includes detailed practical methods for carrying out these critical processes.
This work considers new directions in the engineering use of technical thermodynamics and energy, including more in-depth studies of the use of renewable sources, and includes worked numerical examples, review questions, and practice problems to allow readers to test their own comprehension of the material.
With detailed explanations, methods, models, and algorithms, Low-Temperature Energy Systems with Applications of Renewable Energy is a valuable reference for engineers and scientists in the field of renewable energy, as well as energy researchers and academics.
- Features end-of chapter review sections with questions and exercises for practical study and utilization.
- Presents methods for a great variety of energy applications to improve their energy operations.
- Applies real-world data to demonstrate the impact of low-temperature energy systems on renewable energy use today.
Practitioners in engineering and science. Professors will use this book in courses related to energy applications, manufacturing firms, data storage companies, electric generation utilities
1. Principles and operation of refrigeration and heat pump systems
2. Characteristics of low-temperature energy sources for heat pumps
3. Effective use of heat pumps for various heating applications
4. Heat pumps in the drying industry
5. Heating with geothermal systems
6. Geothermal energy in combined heat and power systems
7. Biofuels conversion: energy-saving processes and use of biogas
8. Hybrid systems with renewable energy sources
9. Industrial waste heat resources
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 23rd October 2019
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Redko Andriy is a Doctor of technical sciences at Kharkiv National University of Construction and Architecture, and Professor in the department of Heat, gas supply, ventilation and using WHR. He defended his PhD dissertation on the problem of gypsum dehydration in a boiling bed under pressure and he is currently researching processes of heat treatment and combustion of various fuels in a boiling bed.
Professor, Department of Heat Gas Supply, Ventilation and Use of Thermal Secondary Resources, Kharkiv National University of Civil Engineering and Architecture, Kharkiv, Ukraine
Redko Oleksandr is Doctor of technical sciences and Professor, department of Heat, gas supply, ventilation and using WHR at the Kharkiv National University of Construction and Architecture. He defended his Dr. S thesis on the problem of intensification of heat processes in a boiling bed and is currently researching processes of low-grade fuel combustion in a boiling bed.
Chairman, Department of Heat Gas Supply, Ventilation and Use Thermal of Secondary Resources, Kharkiv National University of Civil Engineering and Architecture, Kharkiv, Ukraine
Ronald DiPippo is a geothermal expert and renewable energy consultant.. He is also Chancellor Professor Emeritus and former Associate Dean of Engineering at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, United States.
Renewable Energy Consultant, Chancellor Professor Emeritus, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, Massachusetts, USA