Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
The growth of human population has increased the demand for improved yield and quality of crops and horticultural plants. However, plant productivity continues to be threatened by stresses such as heat, cold, drought, heavy metals, UV radiations, bacterial and fungal pathogens, and insect pests. Long noncoding RNAs are associated with various developmental pathways, regulatory systems, abiotic and biotic stress responses and signaling, and can provide an alternative strategy for stress management in plants.
Long Noncoding RNAs in Plants: Roles in development and stress provides the most recent advances in LncRNAs, including identification, characterization, and their potential applications and uses. Introductory chapters include the basic features and brief history of development of lncRNAs studies in plants. The book then provides the knowledge about the lncRNAs in various important agricultural and horticultural crops such as cereals, legumes, fruits, vegetables, and fiber crop cotton, and their roles and applications in abiotic and biotic stress management.
- Includes the latest advances and research in long noncoding RNAs in plants
- Provides alternative strategies for abiotic and biotic stress management in horticultural plants and agricultural crops
- Focuses on the application and uses of long noncoding RNAs
Researchers and students interested in plant science and biotechnology, horticulture, agriculture and crop science
1. An overview of Long noncoding RNA in plants
2. Discovery and History of Long Noncoding RNAs in Plants
3. Databases and Tools for Long Noncoding RNAs
4. Long noncoding RNAs in wheat and wild relatives
5. Recent advancements in long noncoding RNA mediated abiotic stress tolerance in rice
6. Genome-wide analysis of Long noncoding RNAs in Sorghum and their Roles in development and stress
7. Roles of Long noncoding RNA during stress response in Maize
8. ROLE of LONG NONCODING RNAs during STRESS in Cereal CROPS
9. Long noncoding RNAs in Soybean: Roles in development and stress
10. Comprehending lncRNA mediated gene regulation in leguminous plants during abiotic stresses
11. Long noncoding RNAs in Tomato: roles in development and stress response
12. Genome-wide identification and functional analysis of lincRNAs in Cucumber
13. Role of Long noncoding RNAs in Brassica family
14. Role of Long noncoding RNAs in vegetable crop
15. Long noncoding RNAs in fruit crops
16. Long noncoding RNAs involvement in comprehensive development of Gossypium species
17. Role of Long noncoding RNAs in reproductive tissue development and flowering in plants
18. Biotic stress response of lncRNAs in plants
19. Revisiting plant response to fungal stress in view of long noncoding RNAs
20. Role of plant long noncoding RNAs in the regulation of primary and secondary metabolism
21. Application of lncRNA in plants improvement: a future perspective.
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 13th November 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Upadhyay is working as Assistant Professor of Botany at Panjab University, Chandigarh. He has been working in the area of Plant systems biology and functional genomics. He has authored 47 peer reviewed research publication in various international journals, six international patents and more than 10 book chapters. His research group is involved in molecular characterization of various defense related proteins including receptor like kinases, ROS detoxifying enzymes, calcium transport elements, and long non-coding RNAs from cereal crop wheat and horticultural crop grapes. He is also working as editor in various international journals.
Assistant Professor of Botany, Panjab University, Chandigarh, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.