Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Nanotechnology is a rapidly expanding field which includes fundamental nanoscale phenomena and processes, nanomaterials, nanoscale devices and systems, nanomanufacturing, and benefits and risks of nanotechnology. This book serves as a valuable reference and resource for those interested in the field of nanotechnology – from basic research to engineering aspects of nanoparticles. It covers thermodynamics to engineering aspects of nanoparticles or nanoemulsions; synthesis and applications of surface active lipids to food and cosmetics; and pharmaceutical applications to nanomedicine. Lipids in Nanotechnology will be useful to scholars, scientists, and technologists who are interested in the field of lipid nanotechnology.
- Discusses an overview of the opportunities and challenges of lipids in nanotechnology
- Presents applications of nanotechnology for use in drug delivery, nanomedicine, and pharmaceutical developments
- Explores the potential for lipids to act as encapsulation agents or delivery vehicles of bioactive compounds
- Chapter 1: Nanotechnology: Emerging Interest, Opportunities, and Challenges
- NANOTECHNOLOGY IN FOOD APPLICATIONS
- NANOTECHNOLOGY IN COSMETICS APPLICATIONS
- Chapter 2: Surface Active Lipids as Encapsulation Agents and Delivery Vehicles
- PARTIAL ACYLGLYCEROLS
- AMINOLIPID AND LIPOPEPTIDE
- PHYTOSTEROL SURFACTANTS
- ANTIOXIDANT ESTERS
- Chapter 3: Milk Phospholipids: A Nanocarrier System for Delivery of Bioactive Compounds
- OVERVIEW OF ENCAPSULATION OF BIOACTIVE COMPOUNDS
- LIPOSOMES AND NANOLIPOSOMES: SIZE, STRUCTURE, AND STABILITY
- MILK PHOSPHOLIPIDS AND THEIR POTENTIAL APPLICATIONS AS DELIVERY SYSTEMS
- Chapter 4: MARINE PHOSPHOLIPID LIPOSOMES
- FUNCTIONAL BENEFITS OF MARINE PHOSPHOLIPIDS
- GROWTH SUPPRESSION OF HUMAN COLON CARCINOMA CACO-2 CELLS
- FUNCTIONALITY OF MARINE PHOSPHOLIPID LIPOSOMES
- STABILITY OF MARINE PHOSPHOLIPID LIPOSOMES
- Chapter 5: Formulation of Lipid Micro/Nanodispersion Systems
- MICROCHANNEL EMULSIFICATION
- FORMULATION OF LIPID NANODISPERSIONS
- Chapter 6: Self-emulsifying Delivery Systems and Lipid Transport
- Lipid Uptake and Transport
- Engineered Lipid Delivery Systems
- Microemulsions (μEs) and Self-emulsification
- SMEDS and SEDS in Pharmaceutical Applications
- SMEDS and SEDS in Food Applications
- Challenges, Opportunities, and Outstanding Issues for SMEDS and SEDS
- Chapter 7: APPLICATIONS OF NANOTECHNOLOGY IN PHARMACEUTICAL DEVELOPMENT
- LIPIDS IN DRUG DELIVERY
- NANOTECHNOLOGY IN IMAGING
- CARBON NANOSTRUCTURES IN DRUG DELIVERY
- OTHER NANOPARTICLES IN DRUG DELIVERY
- NANOTECHNOLOGY AND SAFETY ISSUES
- Chapter 8: Lipid Nano-Vehicles Based on Lyotropic Liquid Crystals as Drug Delivery Vehicles
- NOVEL HEXAGONAL MESOPHASES
- PHASE BEHAVIOR
- HII MESOPHASE COMPOSED OF GMO/TRIGLYCERIDE/WATER
- MAIN APPLICATIONS OF HII MESOPHASES
- Chapter 9: LIPID NANOPARTICULATE DRUG DELIVERY AND NANOMEDICINE
- LIPID NANOPARTICLES WITH A SOLID MATRIX
- PHARMACEUTICAL APPLICATIONS OF LIPID NANOPARTICLES
- PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT AND RELATED ISSUES IN LIPID NANOPARTICLES
- LIPOSOMAL DRUG DELIVERY CARRIERS
- PHARMACEUTICAL APPLICATIONS OF LIPOSOMAL NANOMEDICINES
- PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT AND RELATED ISSUES IN LIPOSOMAL NANOMEDICINES
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press and AOCS Press 2015
- 15th August 2015
- Academic Press and AOCS Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Moghis U. Ahmad obtained his Ph.D. in Chemistry (1978) from AMU, Aligarh, India; and did post-doctoral research from Texas A & M University, Department of Biochemistry & Biophysics, College Station, Texas, and Oregon State University, Department of Food Science and Technology, Corvallis, Oregon. Dr. Ahmad has extensive experience in basic and applied lipid research and development. He is an expert in the synthesis of lipids and their related products. He has developed and successfully marketed many novel lipid products for the chemical, pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. His research is detailed at great length in more than 60 research publications in peer reviewed journals and book chapters, and in more than 30 patents and patent applications. Most of his contributions remain the company proprietary. He has recently edited two best seller AOCS books, namely Lipids in Nanotechnology (2011) and Polar Lipids: Biology, Chemistry, and Technology (2015). Dr. Ahmad stature is recognized internationally. He is an elected Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry (2011) and AOCS (2014), and the recipient of the prestigious Alton E. Bailey Award (2016) and Stephen S. Chang Award (2017). He chaired the AOCS Phospholipids Division (2009-2011), and is currently a member of the AOCS Books and Special Publication Committee. He also serves the executive committee of the International Lecithin and Phospholipids Society (ILPS). Currently, Dr. Ahmad is Vice President of Chemical Technology & Manufacturing at Jina Pharmaceuticals Inc., Libertyville, Illinois.
Chemical Technology and Manufacturing, Jina Pharmaceuticals Inc., Libertyville, IL, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.