1. Updated Information on Stem Cells for the Neonatologist
2. Current Issues in the Pathogenesis, Diagnosis and Treatment of Neonatal Thrombocytopenia
3. The role of recombinant leukocyte colony-stimulating factors in the neonatal intensive care unit
4. non-hematopoietic effects of erythropoietin
5. Why, When and How Should We Provide Red Cell Transfusions and Erythropoiesis Stimulating Agents to Support Red Cell Mass In Neonates
6. Diagnosis and Treatment of Immune Mediated and Non-Immune Mediated Hemolytic Disease of the Newborn
7. Controversies in Neonatal Thrombotic Disorders
8 A Practical Approach to the Neutropenic Neonate
9. What evidence supports dietary intervention to prevent infant allergy and food allergy development?
10. Maternally-mediated Neonatal Autoimmunity
11. CMV: Diagnosis, treament and considerations on vaccine mediated prevention
12. Neonatal T-Cell Immunity and it’s Regulation by Innate Immunity an Dendritic Cells?
13. Breast Milk and Viral Infection
14. Probiotics for the prevention of necrotizing enterocolitis in preterm neonates
15. The Ureaplasma conundrum: should we look or ignore?
16. Control of Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
17. Neonatal Fungal Infections
18. Use of Biomarkers for detection of early and late onset neonatal sepsis
19. Chorioamnionitis and its effects on the fetus/neonate
Irina A. Buhimschi
Hematology, Immunology and Infectious Disease, a volume in Dr. Polin’s Neonatology: Questions and Controversies Series, offers expert authority on some of the toughest challenges you face in your practice. This medical reference book will help you provide better evidence-based care and improve patient outcomes with research on the latest advances.
- Reconsider how you handle difficult practice issues with coverage that addresses these topics head on and offers opinions from the leading experts in the field, supported by evidence whenever possible.
- Find information quickly and easily with a consistent chapter organization.
- Get the most authoritative advice available from world-class neonatologists who have the inside track on new trends and developments in neonatal care.
- Purchase each volume individually, or get the entire 6-volume set, which includes online access that allows you to search across all titles!
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2012
- 12th March 2012
- Hardcover ISBN:
Professor of Pediatrics, University of New Mexico; Associate Director, Pediatrics, Clinical Translational Science Center, University of New Mexico Health Sciences, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Professor of Pediatrics Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.