Part of the highly regarded Specialty Imaging series, this unique title by Dr. Melissa L. Rosado-de-Christenson clearly presents the imaging features of all thoracic neoplasms (including those affecting the cardiovascular system) as well as staging of malignancies and patterns of metastatic spread in a single, convenient volume. An easy-to-read bulleted format and state-of-the-art imaging examples guide you step by step through every aspect of the field, including invasive diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. This book is an ideal resource for radiologists, pulmonary medicine physicians, thoracic surgeons, thoracic oncologists, and radiation oncologists – anyone who must distinguish lung cancer and thoracic metastases from less common malignant and benign neoplasms.
- Superb illustrations highlight comprehensive coverage of imaging manifestations of all benign and malignant thoracic neoplasms, including lesions in the lung, mediastinum, thymus, esophagus, cardiovascular system, pleura, and chest wall
- Introductory chapters discuss the various imaging modalities used in diagnosing and evaluating thoracic neoplasms, up-to-date imaging terminology, and the imaging signs that suggest neoplasia
- Thorough coverage of lung cancer offers authoritative guidance on screening, specific manifestations of various cell types, issues of staging, various tissue-sampling methods, missed lung cancer, lung cancer mimics, and imaging follow-up of treated lung cancer
- High-quality images and succinct text depict patterns of thoracic metastatic spread of several important malignancies, navigational bronchoscopy and image-guided biopsy, imaging manifestations of treated patients, and other key topics
- A time-saving bulleted format distills essential information for fast and easy comprehension
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2016
- 26th October 2015
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor, University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine, Department of Radiology, Kansas city, MO, United States.
Section Chief, Thoracic Radiology, Department of Radiology, Saint Luke's Hospital of Kansas City, Professor of Radiology, University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine, Kansas City, Missouri
Assistant Professor of Radiology, Director of Thoracic CT, Co-Director of Thoracic MRI, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Division of Diagnostic Imaging, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Assistant Professor of Radiology, Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Imaging, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, Texas
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.