Case-based and heavily illustrated, Intraoperative and Interventional Echocardiography: Atlas of Transesophageal Imaging, 2nd Edition covers virtually every clinical scenario in which you’re likely to use TEE. Drs. Donald C. Oxorn and Catherine M. Otto provide practical, how-to guidance on transesophageal echocardiography, including new approaches and state-of-the-art technologies. More than 1,500 images and accompanying videos sharpen your image acquisition and analysis skills and help you master this challenging technique.
- Real-world cases, hundreds of procedural videos , and abundant, detailed figures and tables show you exactly how to proceed, step by step, and get the best results.
- Each case begins with a brief presentation and discussion, and integrates clinical echocardiography, surgical pathology, and other imaging data.
- Clear descriptions of preoperative pathology guide you in choosing the best approach to common problems.
- The practice-based learning approach with expert commentary for each case helps you retain complex information and apply it in your daily practice.
- Coronary Artery Disease
2. Mitral Valve Disease
3. Aortic Valve Disease
4. Right-sided Valve Disease
6. Adult Congenital Heart Disease
7. Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
8. Pericardial Disease
9. Pulmonary Artery Surgery
10. Aortic Disease
11. Devices and Catheters
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2017
- 3rd March 2007
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Associate Professor of Anesthesiology, Division of Cardio-Thoracic Anesthesia, Adjunct Associate Professor of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
Dr Catherine Otto is lead author/editor of 5 of Elsevier’s successful cardiology titles, each with a distinctive use case and primary market: • Otto Textbook of Clinical Echocardiography • Otto The Practice of Clinical Echocardiography • Otto Echocardiography Review Guide • Otto Valvular Heart Disease: A Companion to Braunwald’s Heart Disease • Oxorn/Otto Intraoperative and Interventional Echocardiography Dr. Otto is currently J. Ward Kennedy-Hamilton Endowed Chair in Cardiology and Professor of Medicine at the University of Washington School of Medicine in Seattle, Washington. She is also Editor-in-Chief of the journal Heart, published by the BMJ and the British Cardiovascular Society. Formerly head of the fellowship program at the University of Washington she is a highly prolific author with solid experience in teaching echocardiography skills and applications. Catherine Otto; please update her credentials in PPM to the above as it’s changed
J. Ward Kennedy-Hamilton Endowed Chair in Cardiology,Professor of Medicine,Division of Cardiology,University of Washington,Seattle, Washington
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.