This review companion to Dr. Catherine Otto’s Textbook of Clinical Echocardiography demonstrates how to record echos, avoid pitfalls, perform calculations and understand the fundamentals echocardiography for every type of cardiac problem. It teaches and tests in one convenient volume, with precise step-by-step instructions on using and interpreting echocardiography. It's a must-have for anyone new to the field or preparing for the echocardiography boards, the PTEeXAM, or the diagnostic cardiac sonographer’s exam.
- Enhance your calculation skills for all aspects of echocardiography.
- Multiple-choice questions in each chapter cover the latest information tested on exams.
- Features expert advice and easy-to-follow procedures on using and interpreting echo (including pitfalls in recording) in every chapter.
1. Principles of Echocardiographic Image Acquisition and Doppler Analysis
2. Normal Anatomy and Flow Patterns on Transthoracic Echocardiography
3. Transesophageal Echocardiography
4. Advanced Echocardiographic Modalities
5. Clinical Indications and Quality Assurance
6. Left and Right Ventricular Systolic Function
7. Ventricular Diastolic Filling and Function
8. Coronary Artery Disease
9. Cardiomyopathies, Hypertensive, and Pulmonary Heart Disease
10. Pericardial Disease
11. Valvular Stenosis
12. Valvular Regurgitation
13. Prosthetic Valves
15. Cardiac Masses and Potential Cardiac Source of Embolus
16. Diseases of the Great Arteries
17. The Adult with Congenital Heart Disease
18. Intraoperative and Interventional Echocardiography
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2016
- 30th April 2015
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Catherine M Otto, MD, is Editor-in-Chief of Heart, J. Ward Kennedy-Hamilton Endowed Chair in Cardiology and Professor of Medicine at the University of Washington in Seattle. Dr Otto has combined echocardiography and valve disease expertise. She is a prolific and reliable editor, editing five other Elsevier echocardiography titles ranging from educational content for cardiologists and technicians (Textbook of Clinical Echocardiography, Echocardiography Review Guide) to practitioner references (The Practice of Echocardiography, Intraoperative and Interventional Echocardiography) and a title in Braunwald’s Companion series Valvular Heart Disease.
Editor-in-Chief, Heart, J. Ward Kennedy-Hamilton Endowed Chair in Cardiology. Professor of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Adjunct Professor, Diagnostic Ultrasound Department, College of Science and Engineering, Seattle University; Cardiac Sonographer, University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, WA, USA
Associate Professor of Medicine, Director, Training Programs in Cardiovascular Disease, University of Washington School of Medicine; Director, Echocardiography Laboratory, University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, Washington
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.