The leading prosthodontics resource for more than 40 years, McCracken's Removable Partial Prosthodontics provides the information you need to successfully manage the replacement of missing teeth. It covers the basic principles of treatment planning and design, and discusses the newest techniques, procedures, and equipment. Well-known educators Alan B. Carr, DMD, MS, and David T. Brown, DDS, MS use an evidence-based approach that helps you diagnose, design, develop, and sequence a treatment plan. A new chapter in this edition explains how to select and use implants to improve prosthesis performance. From initial contact with the patient to post-treatment care, from basic concepts to advanced material, this full-color text provides a complete foundation in prosthodontic care.
- Colored boxes highlight the more advanced topics, so it's easy to focus on content that's appropriate for your level of experience.
- Evidence-based approach uses current research to help you diagnose, design, develop, and sequence a treatment plan.
- Various philosophies and techniques are presented, so you can select and incorporate applicable techniques on a case-by-case basis.
- Chapters are presented in three logically-sequenced sections to keep specific focus areas together:
- General Concepts/Treatment Planning
- Clinical and Laboratory
Part I: General Concepts/Treatment Planning
1. Partially Edentulous Epidemiology, Physiology, and Terminology
2. Consideration for Managing Partial Tooth Loss: Tooth Replacements from the Patient Perspective
3. Classification of Partially Edentulous Arches
4. Biomechanics of Removable Partial Dentures
5. Major and Minor Connectors
6. Rests and Rest Seats
7. Direct Retainers
8. Indirect Retainers
9. Denture Base Considerations
10. Principles of Removable Partial Denture Design
Part II: Clinical and Laboratory
12. Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
13. Preparation of Mouth for Removable Partial Dentures
14. Preparation of Abutment Teeth
15. Impression Materials and Procedures for Removable Partial Dentures
16. Support for the Distal Extension Denture Base
17. Occlusal Relationships for Removable Partial Dentures
18. Laboratory Procedures
19. Work Authorizations for Removable Partial Dentures
20. Initial Placement, Adjustment, and Servicing of the Removable Partial Denture
Part III: Maintenance
21. Relining and Rebasing the Removable Partial Denture
22. Repairs and Additions to Removable Partial Dentures
23. Interim Removable Partial Dentures
24. Removable Partial Denture Considerations in Maxillofacial Prosthetics
25. Considerations for the Use of Dental Implants with Removable Partial Dentures
Selected Reading Resources
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2011
- 22nd June 2010
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Alan B. Carr, DMD is a Prosthodontic Consultant and Professor of Dentistry in the Department of Dental Specialties at the Mayo Clinic. He specializes in oral health-systemic health interactions and how a patient's oral health-related findings may impact overall disease prevention and management.
Prosthodontic Consultant and Professor of Dentistry in the Department of Dental Specialties
Retired Assistant Dean for Clinical Affairs Chair and Professor, Department of Comprehensive Dentistry School of Dentistry Indiana University Indianapolis, IN, U.S.A.
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.