· Highlights a stability theory of discrete evolution equations (discrete semigroups) in Banach space.
· Deals with both autonomous and non-autonomous equations as well as with equations with memory.
· Offers a series of numerous well-posedness and convergence results for various discretization methods as applied to abstract parabolic equations; among others, Runge-Kutta and linear multistep methods as well as certain operator splitting methods as well as certain operator splitting methods are studied in detail.
·Provides comments of results and historical remarks after each chapter.
Table of Contents
Part I. EVOLUTION EQUATIONS IN DISCRETE TIME .
Main Results on Stability.
Operator Splitting Problems.
Equations with Memory.
Part II. RUNGE-KUTTA METHODS .
Discretization by Runge-Kutta methods .
Analysis of Stability.
Convergence Estimates .
Variable Stepsize Approximations.
Part III. OTHER DISCRETIZATION METHODS .
Methods with Splitting Operator .
Linear Multistep Methods.
Part IV. INTEGRO-DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS UNDER DISCRETIZATION .
A Functions of Linear Operators.
B Cauchy Problems in Banach Space.
- No. of pages: 302
- Language: English
- Copyright: © North Holland 2005
- Published: December 2, 2005
- Imprint: North Holland
- eBook ISBN: 9780080462080
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Linear Discrete Parabolic Problems"