Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Field Trials with Lignin-Modified Transgenic Trees
Gilles Pilate, Annabelle Dejardin, Jean-Charles Leple
2. Lignification and Lignin Manipulations in Conifers
Armin Wagner, Donaldson L, Ralph J
3. Molecular Biology of Lignification in Grasses
Richard Sibout, Michael Harrington, Marek Mutwil, Yves Barrière
4. Cytochrome P450s in Lignin Biosynthesis
Juergen Ehlting, Annette Alber
5. What Role for Plant Laccases in Lignin Polymerization?
Lise Jouanin, Serge Berthet, Johanne Thevenin, Davy Baratiny, Nathalie Demont-Caulet, Isabelle Debeaujon, Przemyslaw Bidzinski, Jean-Charles Leple, Rudy Huis, Simon Hawkins, Leonardo-D Gomez, Catherine Lapierre
6. Transcriptional Regulation of the Lignin Biosynthetic Pathway Revisited: New Players and Insights
Jacqueline Grima Pettenati, Marçal Soler, Eduardo Leal O. Camargo, Hua Wang
7. Lignins and Abiotic Stresses
Mireille Cabané, Dany Afif, Simon Hawkins
8. Fungal Strategies for Lignin Degradation
Jean Claude Sigoillot, Jean-Guy Berrin, Mathieu Bey, Laurence Lesage-Meessen, Anthony Levasseur, Anne Lomascolo, Eric Record, Eva Uzan-Boukhris
9. Evolutionary History of Lignins
Federico Pomar, Alfonso Ros Barceló, Esther Novo-Uzal, Laura V Gómez Ros, Jose M Espiñeira
Lignins are nature’s aromatic polymers and are the second most abundant organic constituent of the biosphere next to cellulose. Lignification mainly occurs in the walls of terrestrial vascular plants, mainly in the secondarily thickened cells of supportive or conductive tissues, which thus acquire novel properties.
This new volume of Advances in Botanical Research gives a special emphasis to the bioengineering of these enigmatic polymers. It is divided in nine chapters containing up-to-date reviews by expert groups in their field.
- Gives a special emphasis to the bioengineering of these enigmatic polymers, lignins
- Divided in nine chapters
- Contains up-to-date reviews by expert groups in their field
Postgraduates and researchers in plant sciences, including botany, plant biochemistry, plant physiology, plant pathology, virology, entomology, and molecular biology
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2012
- 25th June 2012
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.