- Reviews the current use of lightweight ballistic composites in both military and law-enforcement application
- An authoritative overview of the range of materials used, production methods and applications
- Explores material requirements and testing
Table of Contents
- Part 1 Material requirements and testing: Bullets, bullet fragments and deformation; Material responses to ballistic impact; Modelling ballistic impact; Standards and specifications for lightweight ballistic; Testing lightweight ballistic materials. Part 2 Types of material and their application: High-performance ballistic fibres; Fabrics and composites for the ballistic protection of personnel; Non-woven ballistic composites; Prepreg ballistic composites; Ballistic material processing; New ballistic products and technologies; Military and law-enforcement applications of lightweight ballistic materials; Ceramic-faced body armour.
- No. of pages: 448
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2006
- Published: June 30, 2006
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781845691554
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Lightweight Ballistic Composites"