This title is directed primarily towards health care professionals outside of the United States. It offers a practical guide to the fundamental legal principles and concepts that need to be understood by all dentists.
- Gives a detailed understanding of key areas such as consent and negligence
- Highlights the clinical risk areas in general dental practice and ways of managing these risks
- Helps the dentist address the prime concern that treatments should be defensible and justifiable
- Takes account of variations in law within British Isles and Ireland - eg Scottish law.
Legal structures and processes that impact in general dental practice. Off the record. Consent - getting to yes. confidentiality. clinical negligence. Writing reports. Appendix 1 General Dental council performance procedures. Appendix 2 Table: record audit completeness. Appendix 3 Audits of radiographic image quality. Appendix 4 Quick reference: access to health records checklist. Appendix 5 GDC guidance on principles of confidentiality. appendix 6 General Dental Council guidance on obtaining consent. appendix 7 Examination of patient - for use in report writing. Appendix 8 Declaration by expert at end of report. Appendix 9 Civil procedure Rules. Appendix 10 CPR practice directions for experts and assessors. Appendix 11 Irish law. Appendix 12 Scottish issues on consent.
- No. of pages:
- © Churchill Livingstone 2006
- 5th January 2006
- Churchill Livingstone
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
General Dental Practitioner and Dento-Legal Adviser, London, UK