Legal structures and processes that impact in general dental practice. Off the record. Consent - getting to yes. confidentiality. clinical negligence. Writing reports. Appendix 1 General Dental council performance procedures. Appendix 2 Table: record audit completeness. Appendix 3 Audits of radiographic image quality. Appendix 4 Quick reference: access to health records checklist. Appendix 5 GDC guidance on principles of confidentiality. appendix 6 General Dental Council guidance on obtaining consent. appendix 7 Examination of patient - for use in report writing. Appendix 8 Declaration by expert at end of report. Appendix 9 Civil procedure Rules. Appendix 10 CPR practice directions for experts and assessors. Appendix 11 Irish law. Appendix 12 Scottish issues on consent.
This title is directed primarily towards health care professionals outside of the United States. It offers a practical guide to the fundamental legal principles and concepts that need to be understood by all dentists.
- Gives a detailed understanding of key areas such as consent and negligence
- Highlights the clinical risk areas in general dental practice and ways of managing these risks
- Helps the dentist address the prime concern that treatments should be defensible and justifiable
- Takes account of variations in law within British Isles and Ireland - eg Scottish law.
- No. of pages:
- © Churchill Livingstone 2006
- 5th January 2006
- Churchill Livingstone
- Hardcover ISBN:
General Dental Practitioner and Dento-Legal Adviser, London, UK
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.