- Detailed coverage of current legal and ethical issues and case law help facilitate classroom discussion and make concepts more relevant.
- What If? boxes present ethical dilemmas and help you apply concepts from the book to real-life examples.
- Updated case studies discuss the issues faced in a variety of healthcare settings.
2. Ethical and Bioethical Issues
3. The Medical Malpractice Lawsuit and the Trial Process
4. Disciplinary Actions
5. Work Place Issues
7. Intentional and Quasi-Intentional Torts
8. Statutory Reporting/Public Duties
9. Professional Liability Insurance and Disciplinary Defense Insurance
10. Death and Dying Issues
11. Conflict Management
12. Business Aspects of Healthcare