A must-have for anyone who will be required to read and interpret common radiologic images, Learning Radiology: Recognizing the Basics is an image-filled, practical, and easy-to-read introduction to key imaging modalities. Skilled radiology teacher William Herring, MD, masterfully covers exactly what you need to know to effectively interpret medical images of all modalities. Learn the latest on ultrasound, MRI, CT, patient safety, dose reduction, radiation protection, and more, in a time-friendly format with brief, bulleted text and abundant high-quality images. Then ensure your mastery of the material with additional online content, bonus images, and self-assessment exercises at Student Consult.
- Identify a wide range of common and uncommon conditions based upon their imaging findings.
- Arrive at diagnoses by following a pattern recognition approach, and logically overcome difficult diagnostic challenges with the aid of decision trees.
- Quickly grasp the fundamentals you need to know through more than 700 images and an easy-to-use format and pedagogy, including: bolding of key points and icons designating special content; Diagnostic Pitfalls; Really, Really Important Points; Weblinks; and Take-Home Points.
- Gauge your mastery of the material and build confidence with extra images, bonus content, interactive self-assessment exercises, and USMLE-style Q&A that provide effective chapter review and quick practice for your exams.
- Apply the latest recommendations on patient safety, dose reduction and radiation protection
- Benefit from the extensive knowledge and experience of esteemed author Dr. William Herring—a skilled radiology teacher and the host of his own specialty website, www.learningradiology.com.
Chapter 1. Recognizing Anything
Chapter 2. Recognizing a Technically Adequate Chest Radiograph
Chapter 3. Recognizing Normal Pulmonary Anatomy
Chapter 4. Recognizing Normal Cardiac Anatomy
Chapter 5. Recognizing Airspace versus Interstitial Lung Disease
Chapter 6. Recognizing the Causes of an Opacified Hemithorax
Chapter 7. Recognizing Atelectasis
Chapter 8. Recognizing a Pleural Effusion
Chapter 9. Recognizing Pneumonia
Chapter 10. Recognizing Pneumothorax, Pneumomediastinum, Pneumopericardium, and Subcutaneous Emphysema
Chapter 11. Recognizing the Correct Placement of Lines and Tubes and Their Potential Complications: Critical Care Radiology
Chapter 12. Recognizing Diseases of the Chest
Chapter 13: Recognizing Adult Heart Disease
Chapter 14. Recognizing the Normal Abdomen: Conventional Radiology
Chapter 15. Recognizing the Normal Abdomen and Pelvis on Computed Tomography
Chapter 16. Recognizing Bowel Obstruction and Ileus
Chapter 17. Recognizing Extraluminal Gas in the Abdomen
Chapter 18. Recognizing Abnormal Calcifications and Their Causes
Chapter 19. Recognizing the Imaging Findings of Trauma
Chapter 20. Recognizing Gastrointestinal, Hepatic, and Urinary Tract Abnormalities
Chapter 21. Ultrasonography: Understanding the Principles and Recognizing Normal and Abnormal Findings
Chapter 22. Magnetic Resonance Imaging: Understanding the Principles and Recognizing the Basics
Daniel J. Kowal, MD
Chapter 23. Recognizing Abnormalities of Bone Density
Chapter 24. Recognizing Fractures and Dislocations
Chapter 25. Recognizing Joint Disease: An Approach to Arthritis
Chapter 26. Recognizing Some Common Causes of Neck and Back Pain
Chapter 27. Recognizing Some Common Causes of Intracranial Pathology
Chapter 28. Recognizing Pediatric Diseases
Appendix: What to Order When
Chapter 1 Quiz Answers
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2016
- 16th April 2015
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Vice Chairman and Residency Program Director, Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA