Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Learning Control: Applications in Robotics and Complex Dynamical Systems provides a foundational understanding of control theory while also introducing exciting cutting-edge technologies in the field of learning-based control. State-of-the-art techniques involving machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) are covered, as are foundational control theories and more established techniques such as adaptive learning control, reinforcement learning control, impedance control, and deep reinforcement control. Each chapter includes case studies and real-world applications in robotics, AI, aircraft and other vehicles and complex dynamical systems. Computational methods for control systems, particularly those used for developing AI and other machine learning techniques, are also discussed at length.
- Provides foundational control theory concepts, along with advanced techniques and the latest advances in adaptive control and robotics
- Introduces state-of-the-art learning-based control technologies and their applications in robotics and other complex dynamical systems
- Demonstrates computational techniques for control systems
- Covers iterative learning impedance control in both human-robot interaction and collaborative robots
Researchers and academics in robotics, mechanical engineering, and mechatronics; engineers working in the same fields; grad students
- A high-level design process for neural-network controls through a framework of human personalities
- Cognitive load estimation for adaptive human–machine system automation
- Comprehensive error analysis beyond system innovations in Kalman filtering
- Nonlinear control
- Deep learning approaches in face analysis
- Finite multi-dimensional generalized Gamma Mixture Model Learning for feature selection
- Variational learning of finite shifted scaled Dirichlet mixture models
- From traditional to deep learning: Fault diagnosis for autonomous vehicles
- Controlling satellites with reaction wheels
- Vision dynamics-based learning control
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 5th December 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dan Zhang is a Kaneff Professor and Tier 1 York Research Chair in Advanced Robotics and Mechatronics in the Department of Mechanical Engineering of the Lassonde School of Engineering at York University, Toronoto, Canada. Previously he was Professor and Canada Research Chair in Advanced Robotics and Automation, and he was a founding Chair of the Department of Automotive, Mechanical, and Manufacturing Engineering with the Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science at University of Ontario Institute of Technology. He is editor-in-chief for International Journal of Robotics Applications and Technologies, Associate editor for the International Journal of Robotics and Automation (ACTA publisher), and guest editor on four other international journals. He is the editor of 6 books related to mechatronics and robotics.
Kaneff Professor and Tier 1 York Research Chair in Advanced Robotics and Mechatronics, Department of Mechanical Engineering of the Lassonde School of Engineering, York University, Toronto, Canada
Bin Wei is an Assistant Professor at Algoma University, Ontario, Canada. He received his Ph.D. in robotics from University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Canada, in 2016. He conducts research in the areas of robotics, control theory, and computational mechanics. He has co-edited 5 books on robotic mechanics.
Assistant Professor, Algoma University, Ontario, Canada
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.