Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Lean Manufacturing - Evolution and Trends
2. Lean Philosophy and Apparel Manufacturing
3. Problem-Solving through Lean
4. Workspace Management
5. Visual Management
6. Process Mapping
7. Rapid Set-up
9. Resource Balancing
10. Cellular Manufacturing
11. Quality Control Through Lean
12. Total Productive Maintenance
13. Lean Supply Chain Management
14. Agile Manufacturing
Lean Tools in Apparel Manufacturing explains how to implement a lean approach in apparel manufacturing to increase efficiency and reduce costs. Lean manufacturing is gaining popularity among innovative textiles and apparel producers, who are learning how to get the best results from the minimum possible resources. This unique book adds practical textile industry-specific examples to lean theory, offering complete coverage of the subject, from introduction to application. With ever-increasing pressure on textile producers to reduce their resource use for both financial and environmental reasons, lean tools are likely to find many more applications throughout the industry in the years ahead.
- Provides valuable industry information that managers and engineers can follow themselves without the need to hire outside consultants
- Includes case studies demonstrating how lean tools have been used successfully by leading companies
- Explains how lean tools are relevant to a range of other important management functions, such as agile, supply chain management, and quality control
Engineers, managers, and consultants working in the textile & apparel manufacturing industry.Students and researchers of apparel manufacturing, lean management, production management, fashion technology & related programs globally
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2021
- 1st March 2021
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
Pabir Jana is a Professor at the National Institute of Fashion Technology, New Delhi, India. He has over 25 years of experience in industry as well as lecturing and researching on the subject of apparel manufacturing. He has spoken on this subject at over 50 conferences.
National Institute of Fashion Technology, New Delhi, India
Manoj Tiwari is an Associate Professor at the National Institute of Fashion Technology, Jodhpur, India. He has 12 years of industry and academia experience including teaching, industry training, research & development, and consultancy. He has published and presented over 40 research papers and articles in conferences and journals, as well as one book.
National Institute of Fashion Technology, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.