Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Lean Manufacturing - Evolution and Trends
2. Lean Philosophy and Apparel Manufacturing
3. Problem-Solving through Lean
4. Workspace Management
5. Visual Management
6. Process Mapping
7. Rapid Set-up
9. Resource Balancing
10. Cellular Manufacturing
11. Quality Control Through Lean
12. Total Productive Maintenance
13. Lean Supply Chain Management
14. Agile Manufacturing
The never-ending global search for a country with a low labour wage is almost bottoming out. The so-called labor-oriented apparel manufacturing industry is poised to change. Due to fierce global pressure on reducing price and lead time, the textiles and apparel producers will have to banish all waste from their supply chain. Lean manufacturing which removes waste and smoothens the process flow is gaining popularity among textiles and apparel producers and will be a key element for the survival of the industry in the years ahead.
- An overview of various lean tools with a balanced mix of conceptual knowledge and practical applications in the context of apparel manufacturing
- Valuable industry information which managers and engineers can follow themselves without the need to hire outside consultants
- Case studies and examples from apparel manufacturing demonstrating how lean tools are being used successfully by leading organizations; an academician’s delight
- Possible use cases of several lean tools having potential use in the apparel manufacturing scenario
Engineers, managers, and consultants working in the textile and apparel manufacturing industry. Students and researchers of apparel manufacturing, lean management, production management, fashion technology and related programs globally
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2021
- 1st March 2021
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Prabir Jana is a Professor at the National Institute of Fashion Technology, New Delhi, India. He has over 27 years of experience in the industry as well as in lecturing and researching in the field of apparel manufacturing.Currently, Prof. Jana is Shahi Chair Professor, Industry 4.0 at NIFT. He has authored several books and more than 250 articles and papers in leading national and international magazines and journals. He has also delivered various lectures at both national and international forums. His key interest area includes Apparel Technology Management, Industrial Engineering, Advanced Manufacturing Techniques, and Lean Manufacturing.
Professor, National Institute of Fashion Technology, New Delhi, India
Dr. Manoj Tiwari is an Associate Professor at the National Institute of Fashion Technology, Jodhpur, India. He has 14 years of industry and academic experience including teaching, industrial training, research and development, and consultancy. He has an experience of leading an international project involving capacity building and consultancy in manufacturing and production management. He has presented and published over 50 research papers and articles in conferences and journals. The book “Industrial Engineering in Apparel Manufacturing: Practitioner’s Handbook” (ISBN: 9788193247204) has been coauthored with Prof. Prabir Jana. His key areas of interest include Industrial Engineering, Lean Manufacturing, Ergonomics, and Anthropometry.
Associate Professor, National Institute of Fashion Technology, Jodhpur, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.