Develop your management and leadership skills. Leadership and Nursing Care Management, 6th Edition maintains its AONE competencies, and features the most up-to-date, evidence-based blend of practice and theory related to the issues that impact nursing management and leadership today. A fresh, conversational writing style provides you with an easy-to-understand, in-depth look at these prevalent issues. Key topics include the nursing professional's role in law and ethics, staffing and scheduling, delegation, cultural considerations, care management, human resources, outcomes management, safe work environments, preventing employee injury, and time and stress management.
- UNIQUE! Chapters divided according to AONE competencies for nurse leaders, managers, and executives.
- Research Notes in each chapter summarize relevant nursing leadership and management studies and highlight the practical applications of research findings.
- Case Studies at the end of each chapter present real-world leadership and management situations and illustrate how key concepts can be applied to actual practice.
- Critical Thinking Questions at the end of each chapter present clinical situations followed by critical thinking questions that allow you to reflect on chapter content, critically analyze the information, and apply it to the situation.
- Full-color design and photos makes content more vivid.
Part I: Leadership
1. Leadership and Management Principles
2. Change and Innovation
3. Organizational Climate and Culture
Part II: Professionalism
4. Managerial Decision Making
5. Managing Time and Stress
6. Legal and Ethical Issues
Part III: Communication and Relationship Building
7. Communication Leadership
8. Team Building and Working With Effective Groups
9. Delegation in Nursing
10. Power and Conflict
11. Workplace Diversity
Part IV: Knowledge of the Health Care Environment
12. Organizational Structure
13. Decentralization and Shared Governance
14. Strategic Management
15. Professional Practice Models
16. Case and Population Case Management
17. Evidence-Based Practice: Strategies for Nurse Leaders
18. Quality and Safety
19. Measuring and Managing Outcomes
Part V: Business Skills
20. Prevention of Workplace Violence
21. Confronting the Nursing Shortage
22. Staffing and Scheduling
23. Budgeting, Productivity, and Costing out Nursing
24. Performance Appraisal
25. All-Hazards Disaster Preparedness
26. Data Management and Clinical Informatics
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2018
- 19th September 2017
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Professor, College of Nursing and College of Public Health, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA