Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Layered double hydroxides: fundamentals to applications
Saju Daniel and Sabu Thomas
2. FTIR characterization of layered double hydroxides and modified
layered double hydroxides
Meisam Shabanian, Mohsen Hajibeygi and Ahmad Raeisi
3. Fabrication technologies of layered double hydroxide polymer
Shadpour Mallakpour and Farbod Tabesh
4. Microscopic characterization techniques for layered double
hydroxide polymer nanocomposites
Shadpour Mallakpour and Shima Rashidimoghadam
5. X-ray diffraction analysis of layered double hydroxide polymer
Rodrigo Botan and Sabrina de Bona Sartor
6. Spectroscopic characterization techniques for layered double
hydroxide polymer nanocomposites
Shadpour Mallakpour and Faezeh Azimi
7. Melt rheological properties of layered double hydroxide polymer
Appukuttan Saritha and Kuruvilla Joseph
8. Thermal properties and flame-retardant characteristics of layered
double hydroxide polymer nanocomposites
Yanshan Gao, Lei Qiu, Dermot O’Hare and Qiang Wang
9. Mechancial and dynamical mechanical properties of layered double
hydroxide-filled elastomer and elastomeric blend nanocomposites
Suneel Kumar Srivastava
10. Layered double hydroxide nanocomposites based on carbon
Gonzalo Abella´n, Jose A. Carrasco and Eugenio Coronado
11. Recent advances in layered double hydroxide/polymer latex
nanocomposites: from assembly to in situ formation
V. Prevot and E. Bourgeat-Lami
12. Fabrication, assembly, and optoelectric properties of layered double
hydroxide/conjugated polymer nanocomposites
Yaping Huang, Harrone Muhammad Sohail and Jun Lu
13. Polymer layered double hydroxide hybrid nanocomposites
Shadpour Mallakpour and Elham Khadem
14. Electrical and electronic applications of layered double-hydroxide
Shadpour Mallakpour and Forough Motirasoul
15. Applications of layered double hydroxide biopolymer
Shadpour Mallakpour and Leila khodadadzadeh
16. Layered double hydroxide based nanocomposites for biomedical
Raji Vijayamma, Nandakumar Kalarikkal and Sabu Thomas
17. Layered double hydroxide nanocomposites for agricultural
Luı´z Paulo Figueredo Benı´cio, Frederico Garcia Pinto and Jairo Tronto
18. Layered double hydroxide polymer nanocomposites for
Giuliana Gorrasi and Andrea Sorrentino
19. Layered double hydroxide polymer nanocomposites for water
Shadpour Mallakpour and Vajiheh Behranvand
20. Layered double hydroxide polymer nanocomposites for catalysis
Shadpour Mallakpour and Hashem Tabebordbar
Nanocomposites based on layered double hydroxides (LDHs) have recently become a formidable research area due to their amendable properties and potential applications. The distinct properties of LDH polymer nanocomposites include a wide range of chemical compositions, structural homogeneity, unique anion exchanging ability, easy synthesis, high bound water content, memory effect, non-toxicity and biocompatibility. This means that LDH polymer nanocomposites have the potential for new and innovative applications.
Layered Double Hydroxide Polymer Nanocomposites presents a comprehensive overview of the recent innovative advances in the fabrication, characterization and applications of LDH polymer nanocomposites. As well as covering fundamental structural and chemical knowledge, this book also explores various properties and characterization techniques including microscopic, spectroscopic and mechanical behaviors. There is also a strong focus on the potential applications of LDH polymer nanocomposites, such as energy, electrical and electronic, electromagnetic shielding, biomedical, agricultural, food packaging and water purification functions.
This book provides comprehensive coverage of cutting-edge research in the field of LDH polymer nanocomposites and their future applications. This book will be an essential read for all academics, researchers, engineers and students working in this area.
- Fundamental knowledge of LDH polymer nanocomposites, including chemical composition, structural features and fabrication techniques
- Provides an analytical overview of the different types of characterization techniques and technologies
- Extensive review on cutting-edge research for potential future applications, in a variety of industries
Researchers and engineers working in the field of LDH polymer nanocomposites; postgraduate students and scientists
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2020
- 9th December 2019
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Sabu Thomas is currently Vice Chancellor of Mahatma Gandhi University and the Founder Director and Professor of the International and Interuniversity Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. He is also a full professor of Polymer Science and Engineering at the School of Chemical Sciences of Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, India. Recently, because of the outstanding contributions to the field of Nanoscience and Polymer Science and Engineering, Prof. Thomas has been conferred Honoris Causa (DSc) Doctorate by the University of South Brittany, Lorient, France and University of Lorraine, Nancy, France. Very recently, Prof. Thomas has been awarded Senior Fulbright Fellowship to visit 20 Universities in the US and most productive faculty award in the domain of Materials Science.
Saju Daniel is a senior research fellow of International and InterUniversity Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, India. She is also an Asst. Professor at St Xavier’s College Vaikom which is affiliated to M G University, Kottayam
Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.