Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Plant latex and latex-borne defense
Marcio Viana Ramosa, Cléverson Diniz Teixeira de Freitas, Francimauro Sousa Morais, Erika Prado, Maria Camila Medina and Diego Demarco
2. Structural diversity and distribution of laticifers
Simone Padua Teixeira, Cristina Ribeiro Marinho and Flavia Maria Leme
3. Plant latex proteins and their functions
Oskar Musidlak, Sophia Bałdysz, Michalina Krakowiak, Robert Nawrot
4. Low-molecular compounds of latex-bearing plants and their biosynthesis
Peng Huang, Mengshan Sun, Jianguo Zeng
5. Pharmacologically active compounds from latex-bearing plants
Alicja Warowicka, Robert Nawrot, Anna Goździcka-Józefiak
6. Latex proteins and enzymes involved in terpenoid biosynthesis of selected Euphorbia species: E. kansui Liou and E. helioscopia L.
Xueyan Zhao, Xia Cai
7. Biochemical composition of Hevea brasiliensis latex: a focus on the protein, lipid, carbohydrate and mineral contents
Latex, Laticifers And Their Products, Volume 93 in the Advances in Botanical Research series, highlights new advances in the growing field of the latex of different plant species and a diversity of molecules produced by the plants within laticifers. The new volume presents timely chapters on the latest developments in Plant latex and latex-borne defense, Physiology and structure of laticifers, Low-molecular compounds of latex-bearing plants/Latex-based defense strategies against pests, Plant latex proteins and their functions, Latex and Laticifers as a Source of Useful Bioactive Compounds. Pharmacologically active compounds from latex of medicinal plants. Euphorbia latex biochemistry/ proteins, and more.
- Highlights new advances on physiology and structure of laticifers
- Focuses on the latest developments in latex-borne defense against herbivores and pathogens
- Includes the latest information on the diversity of molecules produced by different latex-bearing plants and a wide range of their activities and applications
University lecturers and professors; researchers (in such fields as plant sciences, agriculture, pharmacy, medicine); governmental or international organizations (such as FAO); officers involved in food, industrial or biotechnology regulation; university students, High School teachers; science journalists; farmer organizations
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 13th January 2020
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Robert Nawrot is an Associate Professor at Department of Molecular Virology, Faculty of Biology, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan, Poland. Biochemist (Ph.D. in Biology/Biochemistry), Biotechnologist and Molecular Biologists (Biotechnology, M.Sc., B.Sc.), Biologist (habilitation/D.Sc. in biology 2017). Extensive research experience in molecular virology and plant proteomics. Trained in proteomics techniques (protein electrophoresis, chromatography, LC-MS/MS data analysis, Mascot, zymography techniques). PI of several major research grants. Academic teacher in the field of molecular virology, biochemistry, molecular biology. Supervisor of numerous BSc and MSc degree theses, supervisor of Ph.D thesis. Member of INPPO, Polish Proteomics Society, Polish Society for Mass Spectrometry and Polish Biochemical Society. Laureate of TOP 500 Innovators program at UC Berkeley, USA, 2015. Laureate of the Kosciuszko Foundation Fellowship for academic year 2019/2020. His research is focused on plant defense-response against viral and microbial infection using a model of medicinal plant Chelidonium majus (Papaveraceae) and its latex, which contains numerous biologically active substances and plant pathogenesis-related proteins.
Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan, Poland
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.