Laser Cooling of Solids
Free Global ShippingNo minimum order
Laser cooling is an important emerging technology in such areas as the cooling of semiconductors. The book examines and suggests solutions for a range of problems in the development of miniature solid-state laser refrigerators, self-cooling solid-state lasers and optical echo-processors. It begins by looking at the basic theory of laser cooling before considering such topics as self-cooling of active elements of solid-state lasers, laser cooling of solid-state information media of optical echo-processors, and problems of cooling solid-state quantum processors.Laser Cooling of Solids is an important contribution to the development of compact laser-powered cryogenic refrigerators, both for the academic community and those in the microelectronics and other industries.
- Provides a timely review of this promising field of research and discusses the fundamentals and theory of laser cooling
- Particular attention is given to the physics of cooling processes and the mathematical description of these processes
- Reviews previous experimental investigations in laser cooling and presents progress towards key potential applications
The academic community and those in the microelectronics and other industries
Table of Contents
- Thermodynamic fundamentals of fluorescent cooling; Theory of laser cooling; Experimental investigations and fundamental restrictions; Self-cooling of active elements of solid-state lasers; Laser cooling of solid-state information media of optical echo-processors; Problems of cooling solid-state quantum processors.
- No. of pages: 236
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2009
- Published: October 26, 2009
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781845696832
About the Authors
S V Petrushkin
Sergei Petrushkin is internationally-known for his research in the field of laser cooling of solids.
V V Samartsev
Vitaly Samartsev is internationally-known for his research in the field of laser cooling of solids.
Affiliations and Expertise
Russian Academy of Sciences, Russia
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Laser Cooling of Solids"