Language Disorders from Infancy Through Adolescence, 4th Edition is the go-to text for all the information you need to properly assess childhood language disorders and provide appropriate treatment. This core resource spans the entire developmental period through adolescence, and uses a descriptive-developmental approach to present basic concepts and vocabulary, an overview of key issues and controversies, the scope of communicative difficulties that make up child language disorders, and information on how language pathologists approach the assessment and intervention processes. This new edition also features significant updates in research, trends, instruction best practices, and social skills assessment.
- Comprehensive text covers the entire developmental period through adolescence.
- Clinical application focus featuring case studies, clinical vignettes, and suggested projects helps you apply concepts to professional practice.
- Straightforward, conversational writing style makes this book easy to read and understand.
- More than 230 tables and boxes summarize important information such as dialogue examples, sample assessment plans, assessment and intervention principles, activities, and sample transcripts.
- UNIQUE! Practice exercises with sample transcripts allow you to apply different methods of analysis.
- UNIQUE! Helpful study guides at the end of each chapter help you review and apply what you have learned.
- Versatile text is perfect for a variety of language disorder courses, and serves as a great reference tool for professional practitioners.
- Highly regarded lead author Rhea Paul lends her expertise in diagnosing and managing pediatric language disorders.
- Communication development milestones are printed on the inside front cover for quick access.
- Chapter objectives summarize what you can expect to learn in each chapter.
Section I: Topics in Childhood Language Disorders
1. Models of Child Language Disorders
2. Evaluation and Assessment
3. Principles of Intervention
4. Special Considerations for Special Populations
5. Child Language Disorders in a Pluralistic Society
Section II: From Birth to Brown's Stage V
6. Assessment and Intervention in the Prelinguistic Period
7. Assessment and Intervention for Emerging Language
8. Assessment of Developing Language
9. Intervention for Developing Language
Section III: Working with Language Learning Disabilities
10. Language, Reading, and Learning in School: What the Speech-Language Pathologist Needs to Know
11. Assessing Student's Language for Learning
12. Intervening at the Language-for-Learning Period
13. Assessing Advanced Language
14. Intervention for Advanced Language
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2013
- 14th December 2011
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN: