Perfect for everyday reference, on-the-job training, or education, this handy pocket guide includes a wealth of information you need to succeed in health unit coordinating. This new edition includes even more lists and tables containing step-by-step procedures, practical tips, bulleted lists, and thumb tabs for quick reference!
- Includes practical tips for carrying out job responsibilities in the work environment.
- Find information on both paper charts and electronic medical records in the Maintaining the Patient’s Chart chapter.
- Step-By-Step Procedures provide a quick guide to your daily tasks.
- Transcribing Doctors’ Orders chapter provides instructions on transcription and recognizing the many types of orders.
- Staying organized is easy with a personal record-keeping section that includes telephone number and time management pages.
1. Understanding Health Unit Coordinating
2. Ensuring Effective Interpersonal Communication
3. Using Communication Devices
4. Management Techniques/ Maintaining the Patient’s Paper Chart and Electronic
5. Understanding Workplace Behavior, Ethics, and Legal Issues
6. Handling Infection Control, Emergencies, and Incident Reports
7. Managing/ Transcribing Doctors’ Orders
8. Recognizing Types of Doctors’ Orders
9. Admission, Preoperative, Postoperative, Discharge, and Transfer Procedures and
B. Word Parts
C. Medical/ Diagnostic/ Surgical Terms
D. Commonly Ordered Medications
E. A Comprehensive List of Laboratory Studies and Blood Components
F. The National Association of Health Unit Coordinators (NAHUC) Standards of
Practice and Code of Ethics
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2008
- 8th May 2008
- Paperback ISBN:
Program Director (Retired), Health Unit Coordinator Program, GateWay Community College, Phoenix, AZ
Program Director, Health Unit Coordinator Program, GateWay Community College, Phoenix, AZ
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.